Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pity Party [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40's are fabulous, but 50's are fantastic. In honor of my 50th birthday this Wednesday, I made a list of 50 fun things and took the day off work to do them. I'm healthy, happy and still hot. Loving it!

B

"the only normal people are the ones you don't know"
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [HeyB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy Belated Birthday!!!! What a great way to celebrate!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are focusing only on one facet of your life.We should thank the gods every morning we wake up because we are able to stand up and get out of bed.We don't have a terminal illness or some diease that has us bedridden.I saw a special on Iraqi vets who had lost limbs and were going through rehab.Would you want to trade places with them?I don't mean to be harsh just trying to put things in perspective.When I look at my life I think I have it hard.Then when I look at those around me I think I got it made, I don't want to go through that.You have your health, a good job,family ,friends etc.Your LOVE life will come around.To quote my granddaddy if you are not catching any fish you fishing in the wrong spot. Get some new bait and try a different spot.There is nothing wrong with feeling sorry for ourself.All you have to do is look at all the ills in the world to know we got it made.LIVE YOUR LIFE THE BEST YOU CAN!!!!Learn to enjoy the ride!!
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [pedalrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
              Awesome post.A great many people do not take the time to look around and realise how lucky they are to be alive,healthy and surrounded by people who care for them.That is not to say that it is wrong to ask for a little boost from friends and family every now and then.I find it interesting that Qgirl has recieved so many positive wishes from everyone here and I do think that is great.I'm sure she deserves them as from all accounts she is quite lovely but I'm am just as certain if a guy had posted the same way he would have been told to simply HTFU.It was pointed out pretty quickly that men are "idiots" and we "bastards" are not worth worrying about.Well that just makes me sad as yet again this whole relationship thing is made out to be a them against us situation.That is just plain wrong and is why I for one am dissillusioned with the whole dating scene.Instead,I have adopted the same outlook that you seem to have and look for the amazing positives that I do have in the life I now choose to live.It is indeed a great big wonderful world out there full of amazing people and life changing experiences that could be shared by everyone if they just dropped their pre-conceptions and looked hard enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [pedalrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know and I agree whole heartedly. I regularly count my blessings not only of being able bodied, but to live in a world where hot water is available at the turn of a tap, I have more than enough food, my parents are alive, well and supportive etc. In the whole scheme of things I'm quite fortunate, but aging (more for women it seems) can be a tiny bit traumatic once in a while as can being 39 and single. I've never been a man hater and I still harbor hope that "the one" is out there... somewhere.... maybe ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QRgirl, as my wife gets older I swear to god she is getting hotter. I don't think it is all the way she looks, although she still looks great even after having 2 children. The thing that makes her so damn attractive is her self confidence and comfort with who she is. I guess my point is, men can find you attractive no matter what age or how you look. I am quite sure I am not the only guy who thinks this way.

----------------------------------------------------
Striving to have sex more than 66 times per year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Remember how you thought 29 was old? Someday 39 will seem young too. When I was 43 my live in boyfriend left without even saying goodbye. I was traumatized and frankly just over the whole 'love' thing. I didn't date for almost 8 years! It was a wonderful time. I did what I wanted when I wanted, no compromises. I needed that time and I'm glad I had it. Honestly I sort of became comfortable with the idea of growing old alone.
Then a friend talked me into trying on line dating. It felt alittle 'desperate' but I think for the over 35 crowd it is getting pretty popular. I met some really nice guys, met a few duds and then met my husband. The funny thing is, not only do I love him, I can safely say he is the love of my life. I was 50 when we met!

Nor do I use punctuation in the way a child sprinkles glitter over a ribbon of glue on construction paper - Trash Talk
Quote Reply
Re: Pity Party [Erik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree 100%. In the past few weeks I've been spending some time with a wonderful gal whom I find quite physically attractive. But beyond that, she's very intelligent (psychology professor) and we have some great conversations, and her self-confidence is off the charts. That is sexy beyond words. Now if I can convince her to like me :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi QRgirl. I'm using my husbands log-in as I don't have one of my own! I know what its like when you are feeling really down about life in general. You know what I think you should do.....go and volunteer somewhere - a hospital, a retirement home, with disabled or disadvantaged children - anywhere. It helps put some perspective on things!

BTW, I turned 40 last year and my youngest child went to Europe on a student exchange (I am from Australia so it is literally a world away) so I know how it can make you feel a little shaken!

Try and stay positive!

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The last time I was friendly to a hot young boy he asked if I was cougarizing him...

Having met you in person, I can all but guarantee that he was hoping you were...

He should be so lucky.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply

Prev Next