Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buffy gets me through many a training ride. Lots of action, and you can speed up when she's fighting. In the quiet bits, you recover. Buffy rules!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been watching Heroes, Season 1. Why didn't anyone tell me how AWESOME this show is!?! I haven't liked a show this much since Boomtown.

This morning I watched the Sunday political shows, and the time flew by. (Yes, dorkus majorkus, I know. I can't help it.)
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
second GI Jane; Demi Moore's character is my all time hero, and i used to think about it during marathon training while running 20 miles in the mud and muck. if you ever need pumped up, watch GI Jane!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched Oceans 13 a while back.
What can I say other than about 90 minutes of Clooney, Pitt, Damon, Affleck....helps pass the time :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
since I got my g/f the complete friends collection on dvd for Christmas that's all she's been watching and she loves it, fairly mindless, funny, easy way to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched "running on the sun" last night after reading this. AMAZINGLY good film. Thanks so much. Any other endurance doc recommendations out there? Def good for riding on the trainer. It is pretty hard to feel sorry for yourself sitting inside on the trainer when you are watching people lance their blisters on the side of the road in Death Valley!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
running brave

Jolene Wilkinson
Triathlon Coaching http://www.pacificfit.net
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [csb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've been watching Heroes, Season 1. Why didn't anyone tell me how AWESOME this show is!?! I haven't liked a show this much since Boomtown.
I am HOOKED on that show! I'm also hooked on Lost. We have satellite and a PVR so my husband will tape movies from the Movie Network to watch on our trainer rides. I recently watched Fracture with Anthony Hopkins - a little too heavy drama for the bike but a great movie none the less.

===============================================

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

http://www.teamrunningfree.com
http://ironmanredux.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have had terrible weather lately so I've recently put in some trainer sessions, here are a few shows that keep me entertained:

There is a show on Fit TV called "Art of the Athlete" that profiles different athletes that is pretty inspirational. I watched one on Diana Nyad this past weekend who was a very successful marathon swimmer this weekend and really enjoyed her story. It looks like a profile of George Hincapie is coming up, here is their web site: http://fittv.discovery.com/...ry/videogallery.html

Another show I watch that is interesting: John and Kate + 8. It's a 1/2 hour show about a couple of had twins and then sextuplets and how they deal with keeping everything together. Watching this makes me realize the importance of a schedule, being organized and not over reacting to life's daily dramas. It's inspiring non-athletic stuff plus the kids are really cute! http://health.discovery.com/...elins/gosselins.html

We have a DVR so I record these series and watch when I have time, very convenient!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Miracle
Without Limits (Another prefontaine story, donald sutherland and billy crudup)
Breaking Away
American Flyers
GI Jane
Knight's Tale

And, since I'm a guy -
Chronicles of Riddick
Undisputed
Unleashed (Jet Li, has some of the best in close fight sequences i've ever seen)

And, my guilty pleasures:
Angel (TV series, spinoff from buffy)
buffy TVS
Rent

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just watched "The Runner" about David Hortons record setting Pacific Crest Trail run. My husband was even taken in by it and that is saying a lot!

I also did 4.5 hours on the trainer Sunday while watching MythBusters. Multiple projects at the same time so you don't get too bored and the Jamie and Adam are hilarious.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rather that watch the "traditional" movies (breaking away, blah, blah, blah), I watch films and series that get me so absorbed that I don't notice the pain of being on the trainer. Just finished the Dexter Showtime series and that really kept my mind on the screen. I'd want to see the next episode so I had to stay on the bike. Works like a charm.

B

"the only normal people are the ones you don't know"
Quote Reply
Re: Best Movies to Watch on the Trainer? [HeatherC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Buffy gets me through many a training ride. Lots of action, and you can speed up when she's fighting. In the quiet bits, you recover. Buffy rules!

I typically watch spinervals on the trainer, but I'll definitely have to pop on Buffy (and Angel) when I'm on the treadmill!

When I'm on the treadmill, I've been watching Madagascar (Dreamworks animation), Mulan, Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, and Harry Potter (any except Goblet of Fire). Shrek (and Shrek 2) are next on my list.

"Real winners aren't content with yesterday's victories"
Quote Reply

Prev Next