Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sarah Jessica Parker, photo
Quote | Reply

Today SJP was in Cincinnati to promote her fragrance, Lovely. So, i had the opportunity to meet her, and designed a special thing for her. Here is one of the pics i took. She is quite dazzling in person, very small and adorable. She is full of energy and has the cutest disposition.

The Scarf i designed for her was made out of handspun pink silk that has tiny glass beads throughout. It is edged in natural angora. So, i was going for a very posh look, classic yet still fun. Since she is so tiny, and this is a spring/summer scarf, i didn't want to overwhelm her with alot of material, so the design is simple with alot of texture. It can be worn over the hair, like the womens did in the 30's while riding in a convertable, or around the neck, or even on the handbag.

I think i will also make this design available on www.wearmoa.com and maybe make it longer so it can be worn around the waist as a sash, in addition to the option of a scarf.

When i met her, her publicist took the scarf. But Ms Parker saw it, was intrigued, said she liked it. She seemed genuinely interested. Also she told me she loved the hood/cowl i was wearning, and asked for my card. Naturally, those are all wonderful compliments to receive; it was all a terrific experience.

Here is the scarf below in the next posting...
Last edited by: kittycat: Apr 3, 08 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

this is the scarf...
Last edited by: kittycat: Apr 3, 08 11:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
KC - that is awesome! Terrific marketing!!!!!!

I will keep my eye on all the gossip sites and look for photos of your scarf!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahaha, wouldn't that be something! thanks Lauren! :)

In meeting her today, what struck me most is how vivid she in person; her skin is very illuminated and her eyes very bright. she has to have a stellar diet, she looks pristine and really healthy. The photos of her with wrinkles and saggy skin...she doesn't look like that at all. it was inspiring!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that was called botox.... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol...

i dunno, her face was pretty lively. who knows! celebs are a whole 'nuther level. i wish i got a pic of her shoes for Katy and the other shoe sluts on here. Gawd, they were AWESOME.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! That was nice of her to actually take the time to compiment you on your design. That has to make you feel great about your new business!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [Wingnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, it was really nice! :) thanks for saying that. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [Wingnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations!! That was nice of her to actually take the time to compiment you on your design. That has to make you feel great about your new business!

My favorite scarf was designed and crafted by KC. She does beautiful work. I get compliments all the time.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is so cool! The picture you got is great- I think she is lovely. Your scarf is beautiful- nice work! :)

Training for: Barb's Race HIM 8.2.08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is gorgeous!!!! Wow you are really talented.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks Katy, i'm so glad to hear you've enjoying it! :)

and thanks everyone for the kind words, it means alot--this is my heart and soul, so i appreciate the encouragement. :)

viva le womens!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW-that's awesome! Congrats!

Next thing we know you'll be designing for all the celebs ;-)

Your stuff is gorgeous...

Emily

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! You're famous!! I'll be listening for your name on the red carpet when they ask "Who are you wearing?"
Congrats!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool scarf.

Slightly off topic but I saw this and thought you might enjoy it/be able to use it.

http://www.boingboing.net/...in-the-dark-emb.html

glow-in-the-dark embroidery thread

"Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard fillings." -Dr. Cox
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [malcoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha, i love that thread! i haven't used any yet, but probably will make something with it for halloween.

:)
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah Jessica Parker, photo [malcoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

http://www.boingboing.net/...in-the-dark-emb.html

glow-in-the-dark embroidery thread

You may have just single-handedly revolutionized my planning for Burning Man. Thank you!

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply