Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cupcake week
Quote | Reply
I'm in between contracts right now (read: unemployed) so I'm doing a lot of sitting around while I'm not training. Every day Martha comes on which usually guilts me into tackling the dishes or vaccuuming while watching. Today, however, I am rivited to the couch because it is cupcake week. I'm thinking of tossing out my weightloss goals for the week and trying each recipe then giving a detailed analysis of my training performance after each batch. I like to have a treat before a workout, as I mentioned on a post in the main forum, and this might just be perfect.

Just thought I'd share the torture :-)

http://www.marthastewart.com/...the-day?rsc=dl_home1

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcake week [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'd been wondering when it was coming on. (the timing was perfect as MS is just airing here right now). A friend of mine who owns a cupcake company was invited to come out to NYC and "test run" her cupcakes past Martha but I haven't heard if she's going to be on the show or not. I had actually sent Martha a product from my company (cupcake mix for dogs) in the hopes she might do something with it but that's apparently not the case. Oh well....

Hmm, I just looked through the upcoming shows (through Wedns) and it doesn't appear as though my friend's company is being featured...I'll keep my fingers crossed that perhaps she'll be on there Thurs or Friday.

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcake week [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the name of that great cupcake place in Seattle? I'm not getting a serious craving and need to go into the city for visit Triumph this week and might treat myself. I love IM training :-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trophy Cupcakes in Wallingford has pretty much made it's name as the top in the city since it opened last year (also the business my friend owns so I'm biased - but seriously, they're getting great press around the city and were the ones that were invited to Martha Stewart). The other favorite is Cupcake Royale

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I might just have to do a taste test and judge for myself ;-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Let me know if you want a partner-in-crime to help...um...in this scientific process...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mmmm, cupcakes! I had a birthday brunch yesterday and my friends brought mini cupcakes from a Vancouver cupcake bakery. Soooo good! They're small so I'm sure that eating four* of them wasn't that bad for me.

I have a few leftovers in the fridge, I doubt they'll last more than five minutes after I get home!

*at Brunch, four more later in the afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here in Portland we have the extraordinarily evil Saint Cupcake. It was all well and good when they were all the way across town, but now they've opened a new location in my neighborhood. Very bad news. And now all of this talk of cupcakes, I think I'm doomed...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcake week [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dang, you womens are killing me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I'm weird, but cupcakes do nothing for me. Bleh! Sorry to rain on your cupcake parade. Now if you were talking chocolate, then I'm with you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cupcake week [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
speaking of chocolate, I made a white chocolate cake and frosted it with white chocolate butter cream frosting, all made from scratch. all this talk about cupcakes i may have to have a piece of cake for breakfast! the breakfast of champions!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cupcake week! Now there is something I can get behind! And I just heard of a new cupcake bakery in town... Maybe I'll have to get some in solidarity!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparantly Trophy Cupcakes is on MS tomorrow. The funny thing is they have no idea how show heard about them as they've not been actively seeking PR.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the campus bakery has had cupcakes allll last week, maybe they are celebrating! Usually we only get those around holidays - Valentine ones, etc.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YUM! Cupcakes! I have a great recipe for banana cupcakes with a buttercream frosting. deee-lish!

===============================================

Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever.

http://www.teamrunningfree.com
http://ironmanredux.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OH MY GAWD! I'm going to Trophy Cupcakes and Party if it is the last thing I do! That shop looks so cute! And, my brother and his family lives only a few blocks away. How convenient! See the niece and nephew and eat cupcakes. Nirvana......

Hmmmm......maybe tomorrow.....

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was down at Speedy Reedy Wednesday for new aerobars. They were waiting on UPS and since I had a few minutes I went up to Trophy. Oh my! I was just going to get 2, one for me and one for the hubby. Then I thought to myself that since I don't get there very often I should get 2 each. Then, she only had the box with six holders and I felt silly getting a box with 2 empty slots so I got two more. Every one of them has been deeeelish! Triple chocolate, chocolate vanilla, vanilla chocolate, chocolate chip mint and red velvet. Mmmm.......And yes, I'm letting my husband eat his half :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to Trophy yesterday for 2 PB&J, 1 Red Velvet, 1 Espresso, 1 Triple Chocolate and 1 Chocolate Vanilla.

I've got 3 hours of training today and tomorrow, I earned them dammit! Of course, the hubby shares :-)

Jen

Quote Reply