Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

running shoes-women's feet/bunions
Quote | Reply
Does anyone else have this problem-I have very narrow heels. they seem to slip out of all of my shoes. But I also have bunions, so I need a wide toe box. I get blisters on my bunions or heels b/c there doesn't seem to be shoes on the market made this way. Any suggestions

Jolene Wilkinson
Triathlon Coaching http://www.pacificfit.net
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes-women's feet/bunions [joenjolene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the same problem. Well I guess my heels are not that skinny, but the top half of my foot does not match the bottom half. When I wear dress shoes I either need a heel pad or a pad under the ball of my foot b.c I have to but the next size up to fit my bunions. Do you have pain with yours?? I have orthodics which off load the bunion. I wear Saucony Jazz and it works for me. The toe box is wide and leaves me plenty of room. I do lose toenails frequently but blisters are not a problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through that crap for 2 years...I got a bunionectomy... One of the best decision I've ever made!!!! I highly suggest it !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also in the wide across the toebox, narrow in the heel category. My LRS put me into a wide width and then showed me a way of lacing my shoes so that the heel is gripped better even with the extra width. Darned if I know how to explain it, but it does help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently saw something called Nike Air Zoom Vomero, which had little relief areas at the bunion region of the upper. I tried then on and they fit my narrow heel, FW that's worth. Very soft cushioning though, felt almost trampoline like to my feet. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I totally have that. Bunions + narrow feet. (see "yankz" post for more foot complications).

I feel great in Adidas Supernova classic. They really hug my foot where I need it to stay tight. I also have some Asics Kayano and Gel Trainer that fit pretty decent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have wide, floppy (lax tendons) feet with a narrow heel--I wear Saucony Omni Grid or Hurricane Grid: 1/2 size bigger in Wide. I've found that Saucony has a great fit for narrow heels, but they seem sized 1/2 size smaller than I measure. I counldn't find any wide widths at running shoe stores so I ordered them from Amazon.com.
Quote Reply
Re: running shoes-women's feet/bunions [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
see the one for 'narrow heel or foot', it does help!

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/...es--bg-690482.html#C
Quote Reply