Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy?
Quote | Reply
I am trying to find some 'between seasons' cycling tights that are mid/upper calf length...but I would like a fleece chamois (like most tri-shorts), not a thicker bike-short chamois. Does anyone have an idea where I can source these online?

I've tried regular tri-shorts with running tights over top....but, 'that seam' through the gusset on the running tight is just a bit more than I can handle on longer rides. And, I already have leg-warmers.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [Goldens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about knee warmers? They go to mid calf and you could wear them with your tri shorts. I have a pair of capri tights from Road Runners Sports that have a flat seam, and it does not irritate my delicate parts on long runs.
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [PC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks PC. Actually, I have a pair of knee warmers as well, but was hoping for an 'all-in-one'. I've found knickers with a regular bike chamois, but was looking for a fleece chamois instead. The tights I wear for running have the flat seams, like yours, but on a longer bike ride, it does 'chafe' a bit along the seam. Will keep looking, but I appreciate the response. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.desotosport.com/...oms&ProdID=WCTC8

I also have a pair of cw-x 3/4 length tights - they don't have a pad though.

I totally understand not wanting leg/knee warmers - I hate them. I have really skinny legs and they are always falling down.

"When the going gets tough, get going!"
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [catwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
catwood...perfect!!
Thanks so much. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team Estrogen seems to have tons of everything...as does Terry....
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a guy, so I obviously don't know squat about women's clothing. That said, I have never understood the purpose of knickers/capri tights. If it's cold enough for tights, don't you want your whole leg to be warm? Why leave the bottom third uncovered?
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can only speak for running, as I haven't found a pair of biking knickers that really fit me but the capri-length tights are perfect for that "not cold enough for tights, but too cold for shorts" weather. In the Pacific Northwest, the weather hovers between these two extremes pretty much year round...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [Large] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Large Guy,

If you have creaky knees, you want knickers for the bike. Don't need full length tights as it may be coolish (50-60F) but really need to keep the creaky old surgically repaired knee as warm as possible.

BrokenSpoke
Quote Reply
Re: Knickers/capri length tri-tights..where to buy? [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks WeRide, will check Terry to see what they have. As for Team Estrogen, I had looked there, but didn't see any with a fleece chamois.
No worries though...already ordered a pair from DeSoto.

In response to Large...it sounds strange, I know...but I can tell you that there seems to be several rides in the early/late season where I might ride with a light jacket, but it just seems a bit too warm for long tights. Knickers seem like a nice, comfortable alternative.
Quote Reply