Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bike advice
Quote | Reply
I have been a triathlete for over 15 yrs
IM, 1/2's the whole jalopy

I ride a Kestel Talon now and have had it going on 3 years now and after dozens of fits it really has never fit me, not like my cheapo Cannondale did (hummm)

I am sooo feeling the itch for a new bike
let me hear it
what is everyone riding
thanks

http://www.trainerbecky.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike advice [trichic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm riding a Specialized Tarmac - love it! I haven't bought a tri bike yet for various reasons. First, the money (we're in the process of building a house at the moment) and second, my bike is great for me - especially on all the hills I ride!

Only those who go too far can possibly find out how far they can go. -T.S. Eliot
Quote Reply
Re: Bike advice [martini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
QR Tequilo. It was on sale and fit me. Got it in 2001. This year it's getting re-vamped to dura ace ten speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on a P3C for 3 seasons. It certainly doesn't fit or feel like my beloved road bike--Klein Quatum Race circa 2001 which is much more nimble and responsive (of course, it's a road bike). The Cervelo is definitely more comfy on long rides (HIM and IM's).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guru Tri-lite with Easton carbon base/aero bars. Dura Ace components. Adamo saddle. Speed play cleats/pedals.

And the best part of it all...my wonderful Power Tap rear wheel/hub.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbea Ora w/ Zipp 404's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2007 specialized transition pro... love it, love it, love it.

I'm 5'4" (basically) and have NO torso, am all leg (which is funny b/c who at 5'4" is all anything!) I ride a 54.

The 2008 version is SWEET, but a bit more pricey. The Expert and the Comp are still wonderful bikes, I just got a good deal on the 2007 and it was a combination law school graduation/ 7th anniversary/valentine's day and 30th bday present.

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2006 Giant TCR Trinity 2...and I love it :)

And this weekend I added to my family buy purchasing (on Ebay) a 2005 Giant TCR 1. I needed something a bit more responsive and comfortable for large group rides. It should be arriving today...I've been tracking it through FedEx...it might get stuck at the border but here's to hoping it makes it way through...if it does I will totally be doing a spin this evening on it to check it out. I'm super excited.

We have a bike holiday planned to Virginia starting April 5..so although we won't be riding at home anytime soon (8 foot snow banks!) I will be testing her out in less then one month.

Now I just need to find her a name.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2K w/HED3d disc

Cervelo Prodigy road bike, Mavic wheels

Redline Conquest Pro cross bike

And just arrived at the bike shop yesterday for me.....Felt 2KT track bike!!!!!!!!!!!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bike advice [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Currently on a Cannondale Synapse which I love....

Anxiously awaiting my Guru Crono to arrive... can't wait!!

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek TTX - I love it, but I am tall and pretty much built like a boy. I'm 5' 11" and riding the medium. If you're tall - I highly recommend it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Kestrel several years ago and I was never comfortable on it. The top tube was way too long. I"m 5'3" and fairly proportioned. I switched to a QR Picanti, which they no longer make, but going to a bike with a shorter top tube made all the difference in the world. I was recently eyeing QR's Dulce, there is a picture and blurb in the newest Triathlete Magazine. It looks great and the price is fairly reasonable.

If you're able to, go to a shop with a large inventory and take several bikes for a test ride. There are tons of great bikes to be had, but if it doesn't fit, it sucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Road bike is Olmo dynamic; tri bike is Cervelo Soloist carbon (which actually had road geometry but it works well for me). If you're not comfy then try something different.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got a Razor Carbon from Elite Bicycles. I have only used it for training so far, first race with it will be in April. The guys at Elite were fantanstic during the fitting process...the customer services was fantastic! I am a small body type, so custom fit was perfect for me. You can also pick the paint colors!!!
Quote Reply