Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [greeneyes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My sister! I too am a 34 DD/E/F (depends on the manufacturer), and add my vote for the enell. They're ugly as hell, uncomfortable to put on and hot in the back, but they work. Like you I have major chaffing issues. For anything over 4mi I need to use bodyglide over the, um, affected areas, but the enell is better than anything else I've tried.

I would guess that if we're the same size we probably have similar...fit issues. I think the nike, etc, are too low-cut for those with biggish busts and small ribcages. The enell comes up higher in the front and I think that makes a difference with the bounce issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got two new bras this weekend in Portland. Moving Comfort's Athena and Fiona. I wore the Fiona this morning and it really seemed to do the trick. It placed my boobs were pretty high on the chest which made me laugh when I saw myself in the mirror, but there was very little bounce.

I also got Moving Comfort's Bottom Lne Bootleg pants, which ROCK!!! They come in petite lengths which made me oh-so happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My very first post, ever, so here goes. I too, am a 34DD, E and found enell to be a godsend. When I first arose from the water wearing the enell bra, I admit to being half-terrified that all those front hooks might not hold or some disaster even worse. Thankfully, I finished the triathlon with my bra on and as fastened up as when I started. I had no chafing, because I did not move in that harness, er, bra. It did what it was supposed to do.

Oprah wore enell when she ran the Chicago Marathon and she endorsed their product. They also custom-build bras for women post-mastectomy, or for virtually any one of any size or circumstance.

I think they are 3 ladies in Whitefish, Montana and making bras for hard-to-fit women is all they do.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [TriSally] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Enell is a great bra but I agree it is very ugly. Pre surgery my measurments didn't really fit any of the Enell sizes as they are listed but once I tired them on I found a size that did fit even though my measurments weren't part of that size.

The Shock Absorber is another great bra for larger chested women. I think it fits up to a G and it comes in smaller back sizes - something I'm sure most fit large chested triathletes struggle with. When I first started to wear it it made me laugh because unlike the enell that just squished everything into place the Shock Absorber lifts and separates keeping the girls nice and perky, even while running.

I'm curious to try some of the other running bras recommend for women who really have a larger chest - a size c or d really shouldn't be considered a large chest.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had a nice run with a friend of mine who is pregnant (yes it's come to that, I am so slow that pregnant women run my pace..but whatever)

Anyway, before pg, this girl was a a size 30DD. Now she is a "more normal" 34DD and she says things fit her better. I told her about this thread and she had a good laugh about the comments "C" and "D" need not apply. So thanks for the material...anything to get us through 9 miles , pre-dawn, 2 days after the time change. zzzzzzzzzzzzz

She said she was a fan of the Champion "sport top for large breasted women", we think that is the one that only comes in cotton blend , not tech fabric (why??). She said she tried the Moving Comfort Fiona (which I like but I am a flatty D turned B/C , LOL), but it moves around on her too much.

Just some additional info to share. She also said she was a huge fan of LuluLemon but not necessarily for the bras.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a normal bra, I wear 38F. Yes, F. I didn't even know bras came in that size!

For running, I wear the Sugoi Firma Mesh and then an Adidas mini sport top/bra over it to minimize bouncing. So far, I've had no chafing or issues.

I have the Sugoi Bridget Bra but find it a pain in the butt to get in/out of - too bad the fastener wasn't at the front.

I tried those Enell bras but none seemed to fit me right. I've had a hard time finding a bra and since wearing the 2 has worked, I stopped looking.

Even w/ losing 18 pounds this year, my damn boobs are still 38F. If only I could lose weight from the boobs!!

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVE the Sugoi Bridget bra. I wear it for running and also daily wear. Haven't had trouble getting in and out, though.

Daily wear of sports bras, you ask??? Well, I do own a sports bra business ;-)

I also race in the Sugoi Turbo Tri bra-a little longer and with a bit more coverage-perfect for racing!

I wish more people would try the Sugoi bras, actually-I totally love them :-)

Emily

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Last edited by: bdiva: Mar 11, 08 15:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Irongirl, they come bigger than F. You can't imagine the calls I'd get when I was marathon running.

If two are working for you then no need to change. However as a long time runner in two it is so nice to be able to wear just one!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I should re-try my Bridget Bra - haven't worn it since losing weight. It should fit really well now. I seem to lack the co-ordination to get in and then do the back up :)

Haven't tried the Turbo Tri yet. That may be next as Sugoi has discontinued the Firma Mesh bra. I stocked up when I found that out!

Quote Reply
Re: sports bra commendations for the well-endowed [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was fitted for some new bras, I was FLOORED to hear what size I would wear. F?! I knew bras/boobs came in many sizes but didn't think I was *that* big.

I now only buy my bras at the Lingerie store in my town. They have a great selection and are excellent at helping w/ making sure the girls are supported but sexy looking! Freaking expensive but oh so worth it.

I look forward to the day when I can wear one bra when running again. I hope that once I lose the next 15 pounds, it'll happen. Although, having lost 17, I am still the same bra size! Everyone else I know, they lose from their chest but NO, not me!

Anyway....do you still wear 2? Or did you find a really good one?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've still got some Firma Mesh in stock if you decide you need some...

I love the Turbo race top-it's perfect! Check it out when you need a new race bra. The nicest is that is can be worn alone-nice coverage, but leaves some skin for cooling, etc.

Em

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next