Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I love the Women's Forum. Thanks.
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all who made it happen. I admit at first I was a bit unsure of it, but I almost never spend time in the main forum anymore. This is far far better than I imagined.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second that. This forum is awesome! I lurked on the main forum for long time but rarely posted--regretting each time I did. Thanks for making this happen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah! I love it too! Dan was watching football over at Monty's when we asked him about it and I think he just wanted to get back to the game so he quickly said yes and got the heck out of there. Cathy, Kylie, and I went for a hike the next day and discussed how we thought the forum should be maintained and from that came a commitment to moderate the forum.

I look at the women's forum as a big party where all the women have congregated in one room to chat and enjoy each other's company. It happens all the time and it isn't a slight against men, it's an opportunity for women.

Cheers to all of the ladies who are posting and enjoying themselves!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
me too me too!!! I would NEVER have posted for first time advice on main forum!!! but here felt safe to!!!

thank you!!!

---

cat
Sponsored by Suntheanine, Lycored and Celadrin
http://www.lycored.com/web/content/library.asp http://suntheanine.com/Research.cfm http://celadrin.com/pages/studies.php
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HAHAHA. I"m sure everytime he hears, "Daaaaannn....." he wants to run out the door with his hands over his ears.

We love you slowman!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I feel the same way, I love it and don't even check the "other" forum anymore....unless I want to make fun of some self possessed tri geek with more money than talent who wants us to "review his bike postion" but is actually showing off his new P3 decked out in full Assos.

I've got to stop dinking so much wine while on the computer
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [amt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO! I LOVE posting on ST after a few glasses... man, I used to post some weird shit too... hee hee! Could usually get kittycat on board, and R10C and others pissed off lol ... fond memories of posting drunk. Actually, I think it is a tradition amongst ST chicks...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm drunk now! Well, not actually drunk... just tipsy. We had our monthly running club meeting at a winery then I went out to dinner and had a few more glasses.

I love the womens forum too. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's awesome that no one has posted here about tubular v clinchers or whether aero helmets help or anything about powercranks or any of the other hairsplitting-type things that the guys like to talk about...

if i never read another of these posts, it's OK with me.

the things being posted here are a lot more interesting to me.
Last edited by: austin79: Feb 23, 08 21:28
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
amen!
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never posted to the other forum because whenever I stopped in I was pretty bored with the topics or didn't have anything to contribute. I heard about this through a friend and am very excited to have found an online community of both experienced athletes and those new to the sport. The saddle thread helped me pick out a new saddle and the wardrobe on had me laughing out loud. I swear we all keep Title 9, Atheta and Horny Toad in business!

Thanks ladies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree -- the Womens forum is awesome!

I've been a daily ST lurker and very infrequent poster for a number of years, but never felt quite comfortable posting (until tigerchik started this past November's swim challenge). I'll still probably lurk more than I post, but I love coming over here!

I'm quite amused at the backlash over this forum by a few of the "mens." I don't understand why they feel so threatened. But I definitely enjoy the company of those who benevolently join us over here.

It's great to have a forum where we can post and read about issues specific to women (or not specific to women) without becoming too "girly." Kudos to those of you who suggested this forum, and thanks to Slowman!

Oh, and to amt... "dink" away! ;-)
Last edited by: trigirl125: Feb 24, 08 6:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow!
I get tired of Slowtwitch and stop checking it for a while, and look at what happens!
I'm very happy to see the Womens!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're all really hot and we need pictures to confirm that!! Oh, sorry, I've been hanging in the main forum too long. :)

Love The Womens!!!
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL you crack me up... for a minute there I thought you were Francois haha. First time I met him I unfortunately was in a bikini. He's never let me live it down.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's kind of neat to see who all the women are... hard to tell from screen names sometimes if someone's male or female.

I kind of like the new forum too. There is good stuff on here that I don't think we'd dare discuss on the main forum.

Then again I can't handle too much warm and fuzzy women's forum so I like the main forum too ;)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: I love the Women's Forum. Thanks. [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I look at the women's forum as a big party where all the women have congregated in one room to chat and enjoy each other's company. It happens all the time and it isn't a slight against men, it's an opportunity for women.

Yes, Erika, that analogy is exactly what I was thinking when the "estrogen (EDIT: testosterone :-) ?) hit the fan" over formation of The Womens.

And I love Dreaming~Big's post about boys apparently needing to pee on everyone elses' possession as a way of explaining how inappropriate a suggestion was for (by a male) to have a female version of the Hottie Thread .

So, yeah, we can all yak about shoes and chlorine shampoos and training and damned periods, here in "the kitchen", then go wander back into "the living room" where the guys are and give 'em grief :-)

I do check both "rooms" daily tho.
Last edited by: PBJ: Feb 25, 08 18:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I love the Women's Forum"

technically, you are not grammatically correct unless you are grammatically incorrect. if you're going to capitalize it, it should be The Womens forum, that is, the women's forum is The Womens forum.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply