Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced
Quote | Reply
Here's is your chance to own the best. A complete set of 700c Mavic 3G's. Full carbon, tubular. Purchase will include extra axles/hubs. Will include the mounted 9-10 speed rear hub and the standard front hub, plus a track front, 2 track rears with 15 tooth cogs, 2 freewheel rears, 6 Mavic QR skewers and a set of bolt-ons for the track hubs. The hubs can be changed in about 3 minutes. Take off the lock ring, drop the hub out, put the new one in, tighten lock ring.....done. Tubular tires included and are new. Front tire is a Zipp dimpled Tangent and the rear is a Vredestein Fortezza Pro. Pictured 9 speed cassette is not included. I've run these for 1 ride with a 10 speed cassette.

I've been cycling for 17 years and these hubs cannot be beat by anything. They are the best turning hubs I've ever seen. They literally spin for 10 minutes. When they do eventually stop they spin in the opposite direction until they come to a stop. These wheels are in perfect condition. They were both used only on the track when I purchased them about 6 months ago. They have about 50 miles on them since then, so there is still literally no brake wear on the rims. They were purchased from a former track national champion.

I have way too many wheelsets so I'm letting these go.

Wheelset with all extra hubs and tires - $950 + shipping REDUCED to $825 + shipping

Paul
Last edited by: zipp: Dec 28, 07 7:38
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - PICTURES - [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've added pictures, changed the make of the rear tire (original post was wrong), updated the hub list, listed cogs and skewers to be included.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price reduced from $950 to $825

This is a steal of deal on one of the greatest wheelsets ever made.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM Sent,

Sonny

"The faster you get, the harder it is to get faster."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wanted these wheels since selling off my original pair years ago..this price is about killing me. You're a bad man my wife says.
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced [596] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! I have been looking for Mavic 3G's for a while in good shape...sadly, it's not 2007 anymore...

Way Too Far (WTF?) Racing
2011 Goal: Barkley Marathons
2012 Goal: Ironman
2013 Goal: RAAM
2014 Goal: Counseling
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced [596] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the wheelset still available?
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced [Milano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seriously!??! this post originated in December 2007....sheesh don't people read?
Quote Reply
Re: Mavic 3G wheelset - Pictures - $$ Reduced [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I'd be willing to pay whoever bought them pretty much what they did two years ago as long as everything that came with them was still in the deal
Quote Reply