Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
2008 specialized transition
Quote | Reply
Some one posted these prices for the new transition. Can you let me know of a few shops selling for this price-

Just so you know, most bike shops are retailing the Transitions as follows:

Pro * $4100
Expert * $3400
Comp * $2900

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [BK1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am the one who posted the prices and I was incorrect. Here is what we will retail for when the bikes arrive in January or as soon as they arrive:

Pro * $4100
Expert * $3300
Comp * $2850

The prices are at Cross Country Cycle in Holland, MI.

Most shops will be in this range too.

Specialized gives an MSRP, but the dealers are allowed to sell at a % below and no lower than the set percentage.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [trifil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too bad you can't mail order them! Since you are a shop you might know if the comp will available as a frame only.

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [RACERX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right now only the S-works and the Pro are offered in Framesets. The Pro, Expert, and Comp are identical frames. the pro frame really is frame, fork, HS, stem, seatpost and brakes. The way to go is to buy the comp and sell off the components you do not want/need.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you but the comp you will not be able to get that Macca Red color that we all want
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's the price for the transition module frame if you know? (the N9 vs. N7... whatever the hell the difference is I don't know, assume grade of carbon?)
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [Rhys Spencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we will sell the module for $2999. The problem is the module (as of now) is not offered in the "Macca red" The module does include the following: frame/fork, HS, stem, seat post, brakes, BB, and carbon Specialized crankset. Yes, the carbon weave/layup is different and about 100 grams lighter for the S-works.
Last edited by: trifil: Nov 24, 07 16:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is that the S-Works module for 2999? Which color options does the S-works module come in? Can you use an FSA or Dura Ace crankset instead of the Specialized crankset on the S-works?

I also don't get the pricing of the S-Works fully spec'ed, $8500. It seams like Specialized is overcharging about $1000 of what it would cost to build buying the frame only. Normally you would expect a fully spec'ed package to be below the cost of an individual build.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [jsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any news
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [radford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i want the Macca red but dont need nything but the frame and brakeset, i dont want all the other crap
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was fortunate enough to get an S-Works Transition for 2600 from Conte's Bike Shop in Virginia Beach. in the Team Garolsteiner colors.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [jsm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
S-works module colors: Team Quickstep (black, red and white) and Team Garolsteiner (black, blue, and white)

I am not sure about the change out of the cranks. You can use a different crank, but I would not. The Specialized crankset will work with shimano and SRAM and it is suppose to be very stiff and improve power transfer. Check it out before you dismiss the crankset.

Don't confuse the website pricing of Specialized bikes and gear. Almost every dealer will sell thier products below what the website will list. the S-works fully spec'ed will sell between $6999 and $7499.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the Spring they may offer the "Macca" red as the module.

Actually, if you go to specialized's website for other parts of the globe they offer other color options in the Transition line of bikes for 2008.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, thanks trifil im semi now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, what does "semi" mean?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it costs more than what you posted but for anyone who is looking B&L San Diego has an S-Works transition with SRAM red. It looks even better in person than in pics. I can't wait to ride one...
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [RL_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just got off the phone with specialized today, bad news.... they said that the macca red is only availible in complete bike and the modues in red are more popular in other countries thats why we cant get them, but if you live in a 3rd world country they are indeed availible
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had our inside Specialized rep on the speaker phone today and the "Macca" red is now offered in the module.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I have some questions: How much does the frame weight, and how much does the combo weight (frame, fork, post, brakes and crank-set), can I use my zero G brakes in that frame? And sorry for repeting the question but I just received a very cool set of Zipp cranks and I do like them better than the Specialized ones. My local dealer only does road bikes so he hasn't been able to answer my questions.

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Every morning a gazelle wakes up knowing, it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...
Every morning a lion wakes up knowing it must outwit and outrun (at least) the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death...
It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better start running.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [madracus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me confirm my answers. I will get back to you tomorrow.

You may like the Specialized crank set. It has consistantly received good reviews for being very stiff and light.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [madracus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't use the Zero-G brakes. Only the two post style brakes that come with it.

Supposedly there is an insert available to allow it to accept standard cranks/BB. But you'd likely add more weight than you could possibly save. The Specialized crankset is nice, and incredibly stiff. If the bike has it, its truely the way to go. My only complaint is that they don't offer a 135 BCD spider so one can use Campy chainrings.
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [johnphillips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want to use an SRM, SRM is selling some FACT crank specific SRMs for 135 rings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would you happen to know if the specialized frame will work with a Cannondale SI crank?
Quote Reply
Re: 2008 specialized transition [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny you should ask-we tried it. It works on the Tarmac SL road bikes, but it bottoms out against the frame on the Transition frame.
Quote Reply

Prev Next