Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Clip on aerobars
Quote | Reply
Hi, I am planning to install clip on aero bars on my road bike (litespeed classic). I have noticed that even short aerobars like the Profile Jammer GT put the arm rests in front of the handle bar. I think that this would be a problem for me when out of the saddle (knee or quad hitting the armrest).

For this reason I am leaning toward aerobars where the armrests are just on top on the handle bar. For example Deda or TTT.

Anybody using a setup like that ? Any downside of the arm rests beeing directly on top of the handle bar ?

Also any feedback on Deda vs TTT vs ?

Thanks,

- Lionel
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on aerobars [Lionel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Profile Jammer GT's on one of my road bikes. The arm rest actually sits just behind the handle bars (closer to your body), unless I am misinterpreting you. I've never hit my knees with these bars. They work great, feel comfortable. Can't comment on the Deda's or TTT's though.
Quote Reply
Re: Clip on aerobars [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that when climbing out of the saddle my legs get really close to the handlebar. I think that with the way the arm rests of the Jammer GT are setup I would definitely hit them.... The Jammer GT were kind of my first choice but because of that I am rethinking it.

- Lionel
Quote Reply