Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Advice on Cateye Astrale on Softride Powerwing
Quote | Reply
I finally got my "new" bike on the road this week--a pristine Softride Powerwing. What I have yet to figure out, however, is how to mount the cadence and speed sensors for my Cateye Astrale on the odd-shaped Powerwing frame. Any suggestions?

Ben H

Christian, Husband, Father, Ranger, Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Advice on Cateye Astrale on Softride Powerwing [Ben H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mounted the Astrale on my Road Rocket using extra long zip ties at the top and bottom of the down tube, works great. Congratulations on the new bike, I love my Softride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a Softride fan also. With a Dremel tool, some improvisational engineering and a bunch of zip ties you can do a clean, aero job of installing your computer. We do sme fancy ones here and they come out nice but take a lot of time and attention to detail. It's worth a few minutes to do it correctly.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mounted each sensor on a strip of 1/8 plastic, about 1/2" by 1 1/2". I attached each one using a bolt threaded into the part of the sensor that would normally hold the clamp bolt, countersinking the bolt head so the back surface of the plastic strip remained flat. Then I test fitted each sensor unit to the chainstay using double sided foam tape, and inserted washers between the sensor and plastic strip to space the sensor at the proper distance from its respective magnet. Once I had the spacing the way I wanted, I put fresh double sided foam tape on the back, stuck the sensors to the chainstay, and secured them with zip-ties - I used the thin kind so they would follow the chainstay shape better. I mounted the cadence sensor just below and behind the bottom bracket, and the speed sensor midway up the inside of the chainstay, about 6" ahead of the dropout.
I mounted mine this way 4 years ago and haven't touched it since - it hasn't given me any problems.
Quote Reply