Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [charlie21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bjorn trains on his P3c the majority of his training. He will ride the SLC when he is getting ready for some road racing but for the most part, he is on the P3c.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it musta been the 100k bars i have tried then also trying to stand out of a corner. 35mm wide is fine. most handle bars are just barely wider.

yeah those hooker bars were the del. Wasnt there a pro women at kona that didnt eevn have a basebar? custom Cat i think?

In Reply To:
In Reply To:
ya those are dope bars. heaven forbid you have to make any technical turns with them though. perfect for out and backs though.

The Extremes were 36 cm wide, which is more than wide enough to provide adequate control through tight turns, allow out-of-the-saddle climbing, etc.

The Scott 100k bars were significantly narrowerer, but were still wide enough for anything that didn't require getting out of the saddle.

The Hooker 'aero or die' bars were only ~15 cm wide, but many still used them even on technical courses.

I suppose it all depends on your perspective...
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [str8dum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Natascha Badman on her Cheetah. It can be configured with a base bar and I think she's done it that way in the past but then dropped them - guess that's commitment :)

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [str8dum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
it musta been the 100k bars

pic of 100k bars

here

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know a guy who owns a Walser with a stem just like that.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason or others,

What brand is the stem on Bjorn's bike? Thanks.

Regards,
Matt
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dimension makes 35 deg flip-flop stems (26.0 clamp) for road bikes. I recently bought two from www.universalcycles.com. Fixed stems are available for in black or white. Weight seem okay for the price $22. Deda makes Newton Pista Stem for 31.8 clamps. However it is not that aggressive and costs 4-8 times more. Dimension makes also adjustable stems ($25) for 26.0 and 31.8 with design almost identical to mu-u-uch more expensive OvalConcepts adjustable road stem.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [easy-rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's great! thanks.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [easy-rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an awesome link there, I have been looking for something inexpensive, adjustable and durable to try stuff out!

Mad
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had Bjorn wave at us while taking pics during race week in SA - seemed to be enjoying himself and a real nice guy. As for Natascha - had the pleasure of running with her for a while, she SERIOUSLY knows how to enjoy herself during an IM. I know it has been said before, but tri really has some pros that are friendly and genuine!!!
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [triguy42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's an awesome link there, I have been looking for something inexpensive, adjustable and durable to try stuff out!
I'm glad, it helped. I think, Bjorn motivated many, myself including, to try more aggressive position. It is never to late - just do it. I started two years ago and it works for me.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Harken Banks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was actually made for him by HED but you can get similar stems from a few different places. Look for some more HED proto stuff on Bjorn's bikes in the coming months.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply

Prev Next