Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Funny head and swedish goggles
Quote | Reply
Praise the Lord and pass the swedish goggles.

I don't have people staring at me on the street. And if people have been making comments to my face then I have repressed them. Nevertheless I must have a funny head because no goggles, in my life, have ever worked for me. Ever. They have all leaked, including the Seal Mask, and furthermore they have always leaked the worst while racing. Until now.

The idea of allegedly painful and gasketless swedish goggles that you have to assemble (with string!) just never appealed to me. At all. But in my desperation I tried them and hot damn if they don't work a wonder. Three hours in the water now and not a drop; and they only seem to fog up while out of the water. Yippee.

If you've been having the same leaking problems then give them a shot.

TonyG

What is Enoch Root?
Quote Reply
Re: Funny head and swedish goggles [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My buddy Dawn uses these, she's an awesome swimmer, she also swears by them. I'm going to try them. Could be the new rage.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Funny head and swedish goggles [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah all of my swimmer friends use these and they always laughed at me for paying $25 for goggles when their swedish goggles cost like $3. So i tried them, and they were the most uncomfortable fricken goggles i've ever used. I swam with them for about 100yds and not onlt did they leak but they hurt. Now I've found the perfect goggles for me the Speedo Aquablade. They are the same size as the Swedes but they have a gasket, and their just as customizable. And only $15. I like.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Gotta love those Swedes... [TonyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are only three things that I know about Sweden:

1. Blondes

2. Berries

3. Goggles

Of the three, I've only ever sampled the last 2 (sigh...) and am fully aware that the berries are fake. So while I wait for my Swedish Blonde to appear on the horizon, I can still use and am extremely pleased with the goggles. These things kick ass! I'd only ever think of giving them up if #1 came along...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me, finding a pair of goggles that didn't leak or make me feel like I was in some kind of medieval torture device was like the quest for the "Holy Grail". For years I couldn't find anything, and then the Seal Mask worked. Recently I switched to the Aqua Sphere Kaiman Goggle[/url] and it's great too.

Congratulations on finding yours.

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: Gotta love those Swedes... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'mon Khai, you must have also heard of Volvo, Saab, Ikea and ABBA. Some of my dive buddies even claim that Swedish made Poseiden scuba gear is the world's best.
Quote Reply
Re: Gotta love those Swedes... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed...... sweedish monterbarras (spelling), are the best goggles I have ever owned. I was a swimmer, and i tried everything, but for 3 bucks, you can practically throw them away after use. The pain goes away after a couple swims, and soon you cant swim in anything else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i love my swedes. i have about four different pairs in my swim bag, and there's no way i would give them up (especially since all four pairs cost less than $20). it does take a few swims to get used to them, but after that, they're golden. as for them becoming the next big thing, i'm not so sure. when i go to races, that's how i pick out the 'swimmers' (you know, the ones that like, and are good at, swimming, those of us that were just swimmers at one time). congrats on finding the fit you like, and may more be as daring as you (as it was said before, how can you go wrong for $3). later,

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Awww crap! [mckenzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So does this mean that when I show up toting Swedes (the goggles), all the good swimmers will assume that I'm one of them? That'll last until the gun goes off... Then I'll be the equiv of the 14mph P3 owner w/ 909's a 56 DA ring and the LG aero lid... (only mine cost $4 instead of $5000)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
You're right, of course... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
killjoy! Actually, at the time I posted none of the items you listed occurred to me. But yes, I have heard of them too, and even have first hand knowlege of IKEA, Volvos, and ABBA.

Guess the Saab comes with my Swedish Blonde though...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply