Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official MIT information thread. HOPEFULLY [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Yup. I've observed this with the P3 and the Felt DA. In the wind tunnel, a Campy biodinamica was slightly slower on the P3. In field tests, it was either very slightly slower or very slightly faster. I believe Scot had the same results in the wind tunnel.

By contrast, an Arundel bottle on the seat tube of the DA is not looking so good. I haven't done the all-out formal test yet, but it's looking measurably slower.

-- jens

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So Gerard, what is the fastest option for a P2SL rider? (other than to sell it and buy a P3C??) Assuming the rider uses a variety of wheelsets (Zipp 303, Specialized 3-spoke, and maybe a disc).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. HOPEFULLY [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put a bottle on the seattube for training, not racing. ADS, behind the seat, all viable options (of course the seattube is also a viable option, just not as good, though better than downtube AND seattube).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,
any experience with the Arundel (on Bontrager) aero bottle and the P3/P3C frame? if not, what would your opinion be for such a bottle on the downtube vs. a std. bottle?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard,
Why are the only bosses on a P2SL and Dual on the seat tube if you've found that the downtube is a better spot? I'm confused.

Quake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard --
If this is the case, why can you only put a bottle on the seattube and not the downtube on a Dual (and also the P2SL, I believe)? The soloist has spots for bottles on both seattube & downtube so it seems possible, no?
thanks,
tom
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
A bottle on the seat tube is not a very good place for the bottle (aerodynamically) actually; you're better off putting it on the downtube. It's probably easier to reach too.

- Guo-Liang

This is true. A bottle on the downtube or no bottle at all hardly makes a difference. It's one of those wonderfully inexplicable aero results, but it happens all the time. We did it once again with Frank Schleck in the tunnel, riding with a bottle on the downtube, then tossing it to the side and the drag hardly changes. It does however seem to be important that the bottle is not too close to the rider's feet.

But put one on the seattube and all hell breaks loose. Not a problem in training of course, but in racing keep it on the downtube only, or use a different hydration system altogether (ADS, behind the seat, Camelbak, etc).
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. HOPEFULLY [tomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what is a ADS?
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. HOPEFULLY [Lookout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aero drink system.... profile, jetstream...
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. The amazing MIT waterbottle pg. 2 [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a photo of that prototype bottle that was discussed a few months ago...

Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. The amazing MIT waterbottle pg. 2 [PSendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah baby! Turn your multi-thousand dollar TT/Tri bike into a 1940s cruiser bike with the fake "gas tank"...yeeha!

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. The amazing MIT waterbottle pg. 2 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what do you think....fairing? Waterbottle? What would the UCI think?
Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. The amazing MIT waterbottle pg. 2 [PSendurance] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So what do you think....fairing? Waterbottle? What would the UCI think?

How is that any different than an Arundel or a Bontrager Speed bottle? It just happens to not attach in the same place.

What would the UCI think? Who knows? Would Obree use it? If so, then it won't be allowed ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Official MIT information thread. The amazing MIT waterbottle pg. 2 [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever since the talk about this bottle started, I have been trying to figure out how to make my own. I'm almost to the point that I want to boil a gatorade bottle and crush it in a vice. Any ideas?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ever since the talk about this bottle started, I have been trying to figure out how to make my own. I'm almost to the point that I want to boil a gatorade bottle and crush it in a vice. Any ideas?

No bottle ideas...but if you want to get most of the "savings", just go get a "bento box" :-)

It would probably be a good idea IMHO to "field test" it before using it in competition though, since like most things aero, I'm sure that the "savings" may be user specific.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
well simple
make a model of plaster wipe a cheap carbon on it backed ,wipe out the plaster with water
ready the macig bottle

http://www.ada.prorider.org
skype ceesbeers191053
Quote Reply

Prev Next