Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, he really wont have much time, so for those 9 days, he is playing cyclist only.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [jasonogk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep the spacers for retail value, or ditch them for apparently significant aero savings? (See the MIT thread.)
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UCI long ago banned the superman position, regardless of other measurements.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the angle on the stem??

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
UCI long ago banned the superman position, regardless of other measurements.

Ric
So if I call it a Batman then it is okay? You have to define the position using measurements in order to objectively ban it.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [cyclonehockey21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The angle in the stem is 37.5-
[/url]

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what is that low profile top cover for the headset ? FSA? could you specify the model/number as I need one for my p2sl.

thanks,
Dan
http://www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is an FSA that we had lying around. Ill have to check on the part number and PM ya with it.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was doing some thinking and seeing how drastic Bjorn's negative stem is, i came up with this idea. See pic below..

Basically, its an unconventional way of thinking. The red section represents the cutout section in the frame and the black colored thingy is the stem. Who says that the stem has to be clamped to the top of the headtube. What if the front of the headtube had a cutout where the stem would pass through and then the steerer tube continues to the top of the frame and the capped off at the top. All you would be doing is moving the clamped area of the stem lower between the 2 hearset bearings which would make the steerer assembly stronger. With the advancement of carbon frames, almost all kinds of shaped can be made up. Multiple layers of carbon can also be laid in the cutout area to strengthen the frame area. So what if the head tube is a little beefier and wider. The aerodynamics gained from moving the rider's body lower would be wayyyy greater.

Of course, this would not be very feasible for the average bike rider because of the great drop. The frame will probably be a "one-of" or built for the tour riders only or something like that.

Hey Gerard, when u build off of this idea, don't forget to send me some cash (or at least a souped up bike. I'll settle for a P2C as long as its not this year's red/white/black color frame. I'll take the blue/black scheme).

Herbert, if you develop this idea first before Cervelo, i'll take a Lucero.

Paul..
Last edited by: Paul: Jan 18, 07 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That has been done, at least on on steel frames. In the UK Dominic Sweeney used to ride time trials on with just that system (not sure what he rides now). Not dissimilarly, Chris Boardman used to ride bars that sprouted from the top of his forks.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [duncan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awww... crap..! But not on carbon frames, right..? So, can i still hope for a carbon frame sponsorship from Cervelo or QR..? Come-on, throw me a bone, will ya, guys..?

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That isn't a new idea. Gitane built TT bikes like that in the early 80's.

Why would that result in the rider's body being lower that an adjustable stem or custom conventional stem, or a custom, conventional frame, could not result in?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You get 2 green stars for your mastery of MS Paint. Take your artwork home and maybe your mommy will hang it on the refrigerator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks a heck of a lot like my 7$ nashbar stem. even the measurements are the same.
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [More is MORE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Why would that result in the rider's body being lower that an adjustable stem or custom conventional stem, or a custom, conventional frame, could not result in?

Don't ask me that. I can get level using a regular frame. U might wanna ask Jasonogk or Bjorn that question. To me, i feel that if i can get my torso level to the ground, then thats plenty good enough. Plus, if my head gets any lower, my neck muscles are gonna have a hard time the longer the race gets.

Maybe the current position that Bjorn has is actually a compromise as he could not find a stem that will yield a lower position. Now look at my pic, what if... the stem was flipped around and set in a negative configuration in the "new frame with the cut-out". Now thats what u would call rubbing your nose on the front tire.

So.., does someone wanna tell me why Gitane does not build bikes that way anymore, instead of criticizing me..? How about thinking "outside of the box"..? We all know that the rear wheel cutout was developed some time back and Cervelo popularized it with the P3, so why will the headtube cutout be a bad idea..? Maybe 10 years from now, the bikes at Walmart will also sport the cutout headtubes.

Paul..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you're thinking Leonardo!
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Ari, I have a question. Is Bjorn going to swim and run everyday while racing that Tour?

That's pretty funny though I'm not sure Jason follows Entourage.. ;-)

And to correct Jason slightly I will try and run every day during the tour. Swim every day? Not likely.. I'm happy if I swim every week nowdays unfortunately. I hope Jonas and I can bump up the swim training when we get to South Africa a couple of weeks before that race instead.

BA coaching http://www.bjornandersson.se
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's hug it out, bitch... ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [bjorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh I get it now- and your right bjorn, I dont watch the show, seen it a few times but thats about it. Funny guy you are paulo

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [str8dum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And i can find this where.

Grant

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
extremes...

can't find the photos of the 100k bars I sold to charles howe. basically, the ends do not come together and the widest portion is much narrower...

hth,

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ya those are dope bars. heaven forbid you have to make any technical turns with them though. perfect for out and backs though. surprised no one has re-released a copy with carbon arm pads and carb bar. whole setup could be like 300g.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jason,

Does Bjorn trains on this bike, or he have a regular road bike for everyday training?
Quote Reply
Re: The REAL Bjorn Pjorn [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
can't find the photos of the 100k bars I sold to charles howe. basically, the ends do not come together and the widest portion is much narrower...
They were also flatter, i.e., the tubing ran all in one plane except for a slight upkick at the ends to meet your hands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
ya those are dope bars. heaven forbid you have to make any technical turns with them though. perfect for out and backs though.

The Extremes were 36 cm wide, which is more than wide enough to provide adequate control through tight turns, allow out-of-the-saddle climbing, etc.

The Scott 100k bars were significantly narrowerer, but were still wide enough for anything that didn't require getting out of the saddle.

The Hooker 'aero or die' bars were only ~15 cm wide, but many still used them even on technical courses.

I suppose it all depends on your perspective...
Quote Reply

Prev Next