Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote | Reply
This' somekind of contest. Who rode the most on Xmas day?

Outdoor bike rides worth twice an indoor one.
Indoor is for the whimpies who don't live and train on the best weather around - Portugal that is.

So I am in with an easy 2 hour outdoor ride, on a 6-8ºC, sunny day.

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran 15 miles this morning after the kids opened their presents. Does that count?

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will have to talk to Haile Gebrselassie and check if he ran today

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [Klep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um, yeah, had to pass on riding outdoors today, the entire SC coast was under a tornado warning all day, rained like a tropical storm, high winds. Love to train, but not worth dying for, nice and dry(except for sweat) on my trainer for an hour.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No record but I road 20 miles in a cold 40 degree rain this afternoon. I actually enjoyed this ride. Now I'm going to enjoy a beef tenderloin dinner and a glass of wine with my family.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ran this morning about 10k and I am just about to leave the house for a 2 hr ride.

My wife is great she is getting the turkey ready and looking after the kids while I do these things.

B

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last year i think kate major still did a 6 hour long ride.
I didnt ride christmas day as i think your chances of getting hit by a drunk driver are so much higher thats its prob worth skipping the day and taking a run instead
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rode 27 miles this afternoon. Temps in the mid 40's (F). I'm almost POSITIVE it will be my last ride of the year (I've said that 3 times in the last couple weeks though...)
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [imatoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode in the SC rain: a grand total of 0.4 miles to check out my new power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure! Christmas/opening presents then playing with kids from 7:30 to 11:30. Run till just about 12:30, family over for brunch at 1:00. Short mountain bike ride at 4:30 - all in the rain :(

Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Sure! Christmas/opening presents then playing with kids from 7:30 to 11:30. Run till just about 12:30, family over for brunch at 1:00. Short mountain bike ride at 4:30 - all in the rain :(
Even the opening presents/playing with the kids? Dude, you have "roof" in your name, but I suspect you don't live under one!

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike is in San Francisco, i am i n Kona. So no bike ride today for me.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, rode 2.5 hours; had to get my (new to me) PT outdoors, it's only been inside.. Much, much different than riding with HRM alone... And certainly good to be off the trainer... It's quiet and *dry* here in Pdx for a change.
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Even the opening presents/playing with the kids? Dude, you have "roof" in your name, but I suspect you don't live under one! re: Oops! I'll fix the roof later :0 I have a nice goose egg on my left knee that is beginning to form after a very minor wipe out on the Mount Bike. Didn't feel like much at the time ... :( Now where are the ice packs in this mess ...

Last edited by: rroof: Dec 25, 06 15:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could be a contest among people who don't celebrate Christmas. 45 miles 3.1 hours. 55 degrees and overcast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But you got to ride outside in such a neat place. It is 24C here and I have a trainer ride tomorrow - your/my coach says I am not allowed outside. So I think you are quite lucky!! :-P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode on the trainer while playing ULtimate Alliance (XBOX) with my son. Ride ended at 1:02:20 with a *pop* *pssssssssst* sound.

Who knew you could get a flat tire on the trainer? With one of those fancy orange trainer tubes even? Pinch Flat?

Ride outside? I'm out of the "ride outside" mode. Heck, by the time you get home from work (4:30) and changed, it's already dark.

Flat tire sucked, I had planned to ride for a coupla more hours while watching Rocky 2.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Life cant stop, just because someone is in underware... 60kms bike and 45 minuts running. Damn frezzing... but, you know we love it.

Te3 blog (in PT)
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [Menchov] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rode 30 miles today and finished at 12:15 right as it started raining here

"Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Evening hour on the trainer here. I set up in the back bedroom with the teevee with no remote control, and since getting off the bike to change the channel doesn't seem right, I ended up spending half of that watching 'Cash in the Attic' because it came on after something else moderately interesting.

Who the heck likes and watches 'Cash in the Attic' anyways? It's like one of the three worst shows on HGTV.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rode for like 7:00 - 9:00 this morning, and forgot my gloves which turned out to be a really freakin stupid idea.
I got in like 28 or some odd miles, but stopped for like 15 minutes too, so whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: "Are you riding your bike on Xmas day?" - Lance Armstrong [Kenjibobenji123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
30 miles. about 70 and sunny today. life is good. cooked a duck and drank a bottle of 01 chianti classico riserva

don't just do something..... sit there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a 3 hour ride in the Hill country, followed by a run and then a swim later in the afternoon.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This post is great, because it proves, I do not need a 12 step program from my bike.

Walked dog 35 minutes, and drove out to see the family. No exercise at all.

Now if only I could finagle (yes that is a word) a way for my wife to see this.

Happy holiday everyone!

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife and I ran 6 miles this morning. It was sunny with temps in the 70's here in SoCal.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply

Prev Next