Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Winter Wokout
Quote | Reply
Had a snow day so the gym was closed, roads were not safe to run on and my trainer still hasn't arrived... What to do.

My winter workout

1) Shovel foot and a half of snow from the door to the road... about 40 feet.

2) Strap on 40 pound trekkking backpack and walk with my wife for 3 miles through the deepest snow I could find

3) Shovel the car out even though I wasn't going anywhere. (hour and a half)

4) make dinner and enjoy the new workout...

Anyone else have a similair winter workout recently?
I think this has a potential to be a new winter duathlalon event.
Quote Reply
Re: New Winter Wokout [taku] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep but no walk in the snow.

I shoveled ~18 inches of snow for 1.5 hrs. As good a workout I was going to get today. I do hope the pool is open tomorrow because I need to swim.

A
Quote Reply
Re: What you guys need is... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something like this:

Mt. Taylor Quadrathlon, held on the extinct volcano of that name near Grants, New Mexico. The 75k course ascends, then descends, the volcano in both summer and winter garb and gear. You'll start at 6,450 feet with a 14 mile road bike race, then run five miles, then ski two insanely steep miles (use skins if you want any traction), then don the snow shoes that you've been carrying on your back to hoof it to the summit of the mountain (11,301 feet). That makes four events, and this is a quadrathlon, so it's over now, right? WRONG! There are no Greg LeMondian helicopters to take back to the base of the mountain, so turn around and repeat the process in reverse, all the way back down to Grants. Try not to face plant too many times while downhilling on your X-C skis, by the way. FYI, the winning times for the four (seven, eight?) leg course were 3:40:39 for men (John Ortega) and 4:22:30 for women (Claudia Treadwell).

Busch Mountain Man Winter Triathlon, held between the Colorado towns of Beaver Creek, Arrowhead, and Avon. The 36.5 mile course involves 15 miles of cross country skiing, followed by 9.1 miles of snow shoeing, then concludes with 12.4 miles of speed skating. The latest men's winning time was a 4:07:58, set by Andre Boesel (who collected $1000 for his efforts), while the red lantern award went to Greg Sprigg, who spent a grueling 9:06:34 on the course. Cheryl Chipman took the women's race (and the check for $500) with a time of 5:04:30. Ironman star Ray Browning (who, among other things, has won Ironman Canada three times), learned how to X-C ski from cycling pro Davis Phinney just in time to compete in the 92 Mountain Man. He took a more than respectable third place. There were team relay entries as well, including Foto Finish who smoked the course in 3:54:37.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shoveled a foot and a half deep snow around two cars parked on the street. Where to put all that snow? Cant put it on the sidewalk. Cant put it in front of the parked car behind mine. What's left? The street. It took me about 2 and a half hours. Then the plow comes.

Start all over again. Such is life in the city.

Stay warm ya'll.

E-Z

--It ain't a good idea to swim near MY bubbles! Tongue
Last edited by: E-Z: Feb 17, 03 19:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last Saturday I went skitouring with my wife in the Alps. Walked up more than 1000m height in nice sunny weather (at home we have fog for weeks).

Took my HRM with me and found that skitouring is a great workout for endurance. HR was most of the 3 hour climb between 120 and 140 (av 127). Reached the highest HR when skiing down.

Felix, Switzerland

http://www.weilenmann.ch.vu
Quote Reply