Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping to get some great ideas...

This year for Christmas I'm going to get my BF 12 presents...and I need help coming up with some... I'm going to go with the 12 days of christmas theme (although they can be VERY loosely related to the day).

Things I know I'm getting him (just have to figure out which day will fit best)

1. Pedicure
2. Botany of Desire: A Plants Eye View of the World (book)
3. Pimps, Hos, Playa Hatas, and all the rest of my Hollywood Friends: My Life (John Lequizamo Book)
4. A new iPod (this is the big gift...so I need to make it be the last one)...unless he buys himself one first
5. Bottle of wine (need to figure out a good wine that can somehow be related to one of the days)
6. DVD of Lion in Winter

I'm a pretty good cook, so one of the days can be a food related item.

Here's some info on him, to maybe help with your creativity:

My BF is a doctor (so whatever he wants he normally buys for himself), isn't a triathlete, but loves to hike, mountain climb and kayak, we live in Hawaii (so cold weather gear etc is pretty much out), loves good wine, makes great margaritas, mojitos and sundry other mixed drinks, he's a great cook, has a dog and two cats (so a gift can be for the animals too), and has recently become very obsessed with working on his house, yard, garden (growing tomatoes of different yummy varieties is something we both do....sort of a competition on who can grow the better tomato...I'm winning with some yellow grape tomatos)

And here are the 12 days/themes I'm trying to work with...but as I said, they can be very loosely related.

Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtle doves,
And a partridge in a pear tree!

Quote Reply
Post deleted by GeeForces [ In reply to ]
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm gonna have to turn in my manliness card for this, but my suggestion to you is to think beyond the things you can buy for him or cook for him. There's a book called "The Five Love Languages". I'm guessing that yours is "receiving gifts", so that is where you are going with a 12 days theme.

But there is also "words of affirmation", "quality time", "acts of service" and "physical touch". The key is to learn which one or two of these things are most important to him and direct your actions appropriately.

http://www.fivelovelanguages.com/learn.html

Good luck.

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Twelve-pack of Bud, eleven wrestlin tickets, tin of Copenhagen, nine years probation, eight table dancers, seven packs of Red Band, six cans of Spam, five flannel shirts, four big mud tires, three shotgun shells, two huntin dogs, and some parts to a Mustang GT.
you're my soul mate.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm gonna have to turn in my manliness card for this, but my suggestion to you is to think beyond the things you can buy for him or cook for him. There's a book called "The Five Love Languages". I'm guessing that yours is "receiving gifts", so that is where you are going with a 12 days theme.

But there is also "words of affirmation", "quality time", "acts of service" and "physical touch". The key is to learn which one or two of these things are most important to him and direct your actions appropriately.

Good luck.
ugh. i read that book, it's lame.
Last edited by: kittycat: Nov 28, 06 6:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5. Bottle of wine (need to figure out a good wine that can somehow be related to one of the days)[/quote]I think there is a wine called Black Swan. That would be good for day 7 (7 swans a-swimming...). i have no idea if it's a good wine or not though.

Last edited by: austin79: Nov 28, 06 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for the wine, make that a big gift too, but a nice one and make it French. then you have 3 French hens. put a hen ornament around the neck of it and call it a day.

for the milking maids, how about you take him out for a movie and ice-cream? or, you could make some ice cream yourself? or stay in and make ice cream floats and then watch a movie.

2 turtle doves can be some wildly good chocolate. wear some sexy red lingerie and you can share the chocolates and then get it on. (what? how else am i supposed to say it???)

5 golden rings, invite some friends over for margs. the glasses make 5 golden rings. you can get some gold colored salt for the rims. (there is yellow salt, i've seen it in stores). or you could just use Cuervo GOLD and there you have it. plus you get to get drunk too!

this with the other stuff you've got should make 12 things, right?
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, unfortunately it's very cheap...that would be a perfect one though.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [kittycat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the book is lame, but the idea is worthwhile. That's why I only linked to the basics, which is all you need to know.

Most people subscribe to the golden rule of treat others as you want to be treated. But the better rule is to treat others the way they want to be treated.

If the bf has everything he wants, or is someone who can't stand clutter, getting him a bunch of things that will fill his house won't make him happy. Depends on where people are in their lives.

Quote | Reply
i agree with you, it is a good basis. it helped me to understand that my husband communicates love through service--like cutting the grass, doing laundry, etc. whereas i am physical and give words of affirmation. when i want to make him very happy i do all the chores so he can rest, it thrills him.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [GeeForces] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome

i'd swap the shotfun shells for mud wrestlin tickets though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you are both into the outdoors have you got one of these..?

http://jetboil.com/

they are truly awesome. very convenient, quick boiling and easy clean. love 'em
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't buy Black Swan if he knows wine. :)

Quote | Reply
I hope, for his benefit, that you kept the physical as well...

Quote | Reply
My dad really got into gardening lately, so I got him a really nice set of pruners that would last him.

http://www.amazon.com/...handed/dp/B000ITR83A

A bit pricey, but they last forever if you take care of them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give him experiences, not tangible gifts (he can, and will, buy those on his own). For example:

A hot air balloon ride.

A star gazing tour at the local observatory (I don't know if they have those there).

Oil painting lessons (assuming he has never done them).

Whale watching tour.

Rare plant hunting trip in China.

Antartica trip on a sailing ship from the 1800s.

Backpacking trip to Mt. Kilimanjaro.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG, did I just let my gay side shine through? For the record, I'm not gay; I'm gayish! Yes, there is a difference.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Picasso_Bull] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. Next time I need date ideas, I'm PMing you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tomato growing contest is wicked cool! :) On that note, couple of gift ideas that are totally useless:

Upside-down tomato garden: http://www.hammacher.com/...OOR&cm_ite=67403

Ergonomic garden tools: http://www.merrifieldgardencenter.com/...2&openparent=237

Mini greenhouse: http://www.amazon.com/...kitchen-20/ref=nosim

Personalized garden stakes: http://simply-sublime.com/garden_stakes.htm
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Good luck.
Not at all...niether one of us are big on giving or recieving gifts (we've already discussed this), and we both tend to buy what it is that we want, I went with this idea since me giving him 12 gifts means that I get to see him/spend time with him each day leading up to christmas...and the gifts dont' have to be actual things, but some are things like a pedicure (acts of service and physical touch), and me cooking for him (acts of service), and a DVD of his favorite movie that we can watch together cuddled on the couch (physical touch).
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Nov 28, 06 10:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great ideas...I really like the wine one, and the margaritas one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you sure he'll be into the pedicure? I know girls are but...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're the gayish one! you tell us!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, ever since I've known him he keeps talking about getting a pedicure....but he doesn't want to go to a manicure/pedicure shop because he's afraid he'll be seen getting one (semi joking about being afraid he'll be seen)

And every guy I've known that's gotten a pedicure (a good one) has liked it. It's not something they'd do every other week, like us gals, but they've all found it relaxing.
Quote Reply
Re: 12 Days of Christmas Presents for my boyfriend [Nipsy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, as Ghia said, any man would love a pedicure, they are just afraid to be razzed about it. Personally, I would be embarrassed to have a stranger see the tan line left by my stilettos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next