Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Problem with SPD-SL Lance Pedal
Quote | Reply
Hey there---I got these killer pedals and love them, except the cleat broke into two pieces while i was walking from my bike to my house last week. Its still barely functional. Theres no email address (that i could find) on the shimano site, i did email Shimano OZ cause im currently in NZ but that was last week and still no reply. Has anyone had a problem with these cleats----none of my LBS' carry the cleat so im a bit stuck. Any email addresses for Shimano?

thanks

jeremyb

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with SPD-SL Lance Pedal [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here in the U.S. we have received the pedals with the rotational cleats but (that I am aware as of when we received the pedals) there is no current source for replacement cleats. I expect replacement cleats to be available to us via our wholesale distributors any day. I wonder if the "rocker" or curve of the sole of your shoe correctly matches that of the cleat? Did you torque the bolts down too tight by any chance? Just a thought- dosen't do much in any case if you need new cleats. I do recall some little fine print in the Shimano literature that came with the pedal that I think said "use only on ....shoe". I just checked to see if we had any copies of the instructions left and couldn't find them. (We sold out of the pedals on Friday). I hope this doesn't become a problem.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with SPD-SL Lance Pedal [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah well the shoe wasnt the problem at least i hope not, cause im using the '03 Shimano 150 shoe which says on it spd-sl. The problem was, part of the cleat extended past the side of the shoe, just a bit. I needed to do that so my shoe wouldnt rub on my DA crankset (right Q factor width)---my Look cleats had no problems with the mounting style----these SPD-SL cleats seem a lot thinner and lighter than the Look equivalant----maybe they tried to lighten them up. If you check out cyclingnews.com's review on them, they questioned cleat durability.

thanks again

jeremy b

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Problem with SPD-SL Lance Pedal [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. Good Point. Uh oh.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply