Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Missing STers [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
D.O. wrote:
Chriskal got called out for lying and he disappeared

Didn't even slow down SDG in the slightest! Too bad about chriskal, he was overall just fine, and I don't think anyone would hold it against him if he confabulated a car incident and just followed it with a "My bad."

Chriskal had a solid posting history and sufficient goodwill to be excused from mistake, neglect or other error, if any, regarding that post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
D.O. wrote:

Didn't even slow down SDG in the slightest! Too bad about chriskal, he was overall just fine, and I don't think anyone would hold it against him if he confabulated a car incident and just followed it with a "My bad."

Doesn't even slow down SDG in the slightest.

"I keep hoping for you to use your superior intellect to be less insufferable. Sadly, you continue to disappoint." - gofigure
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
ironclm wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Where is Steve Hawley? And chriskal? Who else hasn’t posted in awhile?

These two seems to be missing again. Who else?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ng=chriskal#p8026761
Starts on page 2 post 29

You seem to have a bit of vendetta about that.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
D.O. wrote:
ironclm wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Starts on page 2 post 29

You seem to have a bit of vendetta about that.

I was about to say the same thing. Chriskal was usually reasonable and his college sports watching postsing was nice to have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
idk if Paulo ever posted over here? I'm not on the main forum a ton anymore, not that he ever posted a ton over there
jonnyo messaged me earlier this fall!!!!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Dec 13, 23 18:59
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
idk if Paulo ever posted over here? I'm not on the main forum a ton anymore, not that he ever posted a ton over there

Paulo never struck me as a LR type of guy ..lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Kentucky Mac wrote:
What happened to h2ofun, I think his name was Dave? He was always trying to sell people on these wacky cranks and giving questionable advice.

http://h2ofun.net/indextriathlons.htm

1995 called and wants its web design back.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Kentucky Mac wrote:
What happened to h2ofun, I think his name was Dave? He was always trying to sell people on these wacky cranks and giving questionable advice.

http://h2ofun.net/indextriathlons.htm

1995 called and wants its web design back.

Haters gonna hate.

Personally, I think retro is cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [shady] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Paulo never struck me as a LR type of guy ..lol

yeah I'm sure he'd have interesting things to say though

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went back to look at some old posts of mine, and saw that there used to be a lot more women around, on both the Main Forum and in the LR*

And they were some 5-Star Grade-A High-Level trash-talkers

*not going to name names, as I don't want to skip over anybody, leave anyone out, nor mis-identify someone who simply changed their username and I didn't pick up on it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
Sanuk.
A certain Panera Bread board member.

I miss Sanuk. Vitus left a long time ago as well.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk has posted recently. I think he was upset that he got strong pushback on his anti-vax views during the pandemic, and that's why he retreated. Just a guess, though. I was among the push-backers, but was aligned with him on most other issues.

Francois is another good poster I haven't seen recently.
Last edited by: trail: Dec 14, 23 13:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:

Remember Klaus Daimler? He spent weeks trying to convince us that prosecutors didn't make their case against Chauvin and then vanished the day the verdict came out.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:

Remember Klaus Daimler? He spent weeks trying to convince us that prosecutors didn't make their case against Chauvin and then vanished the day the verdict came out.

Klaus was comical, "At this point even the prosecutors are admitting that Chauvin's knee wasn't even on George's neck." (with the reality being that is was about testimony that the knee may have slipped off the neck a bit at the very end of, after having been clearly on his neck for ~9 minutes).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Sanuk has posted recently. I think he was upset that he got strong pushback on his anti-vax views during the pandemic, and that's why he retreated. Just a guess, though. I was among the push-backers, but was aligned with him on most other issues.

Francois's weekly NFL picks can be seen in Sphere's weekly pool post. Other than that, haven't seen Francois much either.

I'll throw out Alvin Tostig.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

I figured that. Sanuk seemed to be more opposed to mandatory vaccination and closing down of schools than vaccines in general. I am all for vaccination and mandatory certainly for some jobs etc. I think we should have had kids in school more.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
ironclm wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Starts on page 2 post 29

At the time I wondered why you took this so personally. Now seeing that it still gets to you months later is very telling. Let it go. It's not a good look for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spockman wrote:
trail wrote:

I figured that. Sanuk seemed to be more opposed to mandatory vaccination and closing down of schools than vaccines in general. I am all for vaccination and mandatory certainly for some jobs etc. I think we should have had kids in school more.

I disagree. The way it was brought out was pathetic but nobody had planned for a pandemic. My wife is a 2nd grade teacher and she is around sick kids all the time. Kids are not as high of risk, true, but the teacher is at risk multiple times considering many parents send their sick kids to school. Classrooms are not huge and social distancing with little kids is next to impossible.

Sorry for continuing the derail of the thread.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adding myself as "retired from LR". I wiped my LR posts to the degree the forum allows.

Most people just disappear someday. I will just say why instead of letting people speculate.

I came into possession of a device that belonged to an older relative who had fallen down the rabbit hole of political craziness. I was checking for stuff to preserve before I wiped it and saw his text messages. Page after page after page of texts from politicians and super PACs. I had no idea it'd gone this far since his retirement. The level of FUD is elder abuse if you ask me.

Anyhow, I view the current incarnation of the LR as mostly... that, and I don't want to be absorbed into it. It's poison.

My advice: spend time with people you care about this holiday and leave politics to politicians.

I'll still be around the tri forum (yeah I still do that, sorry BLeP), and for private messages.

Cheers all.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not trying to change your mind at all, in fact congratulations on the decision, but I don’t really agree with you.

I like windy and Tyler. I kind of like that crazy guy from Wisconsin who will vote for Trump. Matt is thoughtful (pretty average IQ, though). SDG is harmless. If trouts daughter swims at the same college (UVa?) as my son we’ll probably be friends. I’ll tell him my son is thinking about competing as a female just to piss him off of course.

We all get along pretty well here. I think that is because there is enough wisdom here to understand everyone gets its wrong sometimes.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to chime in a lot with two young kids at home and a very busy job. Also when I chime in on stuff that is my own work there are a few here that apparently experts so I leave it to ‘em geniuses.
Quote Reply
Re: Missing STers [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Francois wrote:
Hard to chime in a lot with two young kids at home and a very busy job. Also when I chime in on stuff that is my own work there are a few here that apparently experts so I leave it to ‘em geniuses.

https://davidappell.blogspot.com/...-hell-professor.html

(Sorry for the link. Images aren't working right on my tablet editor...)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply

Prev Next