Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Looking for C/2022 E3(ZTF) Tues-Wed
Quote | Reply
Fingers crossed for clear skies this week.

“For the next few evenings, it will appear very near Polaris, the North Star. Polaris can be located by first finding the stars of the Big Dipper which will be standing “bowl up” over in the northeastern sky around 11 p.m. Locate the top “bowl stars” and draw a line through them and extend that line to the left and you’ll come to a medium bright star. That’s Polaris.

On Tuesday around 11 p.m., locate Polaris in your binoculars and then move straight up. The comet will be almost exactly above Polaris on that evening. On Wednesday it lies straight above Polaris at 10 p.m. The following night, Thursday, Comet C/2022 E3 is straight above Polaris at 9 p.m.“

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for C/2022 E3(ZTF) Tues-Wed [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the green comet that was foretold in the epic Maximum Overdrive?

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Looking for C/2022 E3(ZTF) Tues-Wed [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I caught a a quick view of it last night using binoculars, just left of Mars. Should be in the same general area tonight, setting up the telescope and hoping for clearer skies.

Anyone else catch a view?

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for C/2022 E3(ZTF) Tues-Wed [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a photograph I took on Feb. 1. 1 hour total exposure. 60 subs. Stacked and denoised:

Quote Reply
Re: Looking for C/2022 E3(ZTF) Tues-Wed [rayman54] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a great look, thanks! We should have clear skies here in VA tonight so I’m hoping for good view through the scope.

Quote Reply