Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Macabre question
Quote | Reply
Got the nephew staying for the weekend. Been talking for hours whilst we walk the dog and cook dinner.

Out of the blue he asks what do they put as the cause of death on someone who is executed!

So over to the well informed………..
Quote Reply
Re: Macabre question [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Got the nephew staying for the weekend. Been talking for hours whilst we walk the dog and cook dinner.

Out of the blue he asks what do they put as the cause of death on someone who is executed!

I believe it’s usually listed as homicide, with explanatory notes as to the circumstances. After all, it was death deliberately cause by human action.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Macabre question [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:

I believe it’s usually listed as homicide, with explanatory notes as to the circumstances. After all, it was death deliberately cause by human action.

Is that a legal determination made by a medical examiner?

I would think cause of death would be more along the lines of "cardiac arrest due to xxx drug" or "electrocution", etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Macabre question [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
slowguy wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:

I would think cause of death would be more along the lines of "cardiac arrest due to xxx drug" or "electrocution", etc.

My understanding is that the “cause of death” is the medical stuff, and the “manner of death” is the category such as homicide, suicide, natural causes, etc. Both on the same certificate signed by the coroner.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
slowguy wrote:
SheridanTris wrote:

McVeigh’s death certificate says cause was “Lethal injection” and manner was “Homicide.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:

I just googled "why do they have to do an autopsy on people who die via death penalty"
answer is here if anyone else is curious
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2010/09/why-do-states-conduct-autopsies-on-executed-prisoners.html

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Jan 28, 23 12:57
Quote Reply
Re: Macabre question [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Heh this topic made me think of all the euphemisms for being dead, which then made me remember the dead parrot sketch.

I regularly use, "it has ceased to be."

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:

Literally googled your question and this is the first link.

https://www.kevinmd.com/...-death-homicide.html

When he is pronounced dead, a death certificate will be issued, and a cause of death must be stated. For all those executed in this country, that cause of death so listed is always “homicide.” Joel Zivot is an assistant professor of anesthesiology and surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: Jan 28, 23 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“Found out”

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply