Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29
Quote | Reply
What are you up to?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staying inside and warm. Looks like we have a deep freeze headed our way.

I do plan on eating a boat load of shitty food Sunday for the NFL Conference Championship games.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, today is my wife's birthday so we are going out to dinner. Tomorrow we will be going to my son's house where they will cook her dinner and have a small party with the grandsons. Sunday I will prep to go on my first business trip on my new job.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 day weekend on the lakeshore in Marquette doing stupid things
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Date night with the wife tonight. Settlers of Catan at a friends house on Saturday night.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a journal article due at the end of Feb, but I have some travel mid feb, so I will do some work this weekend. Plus some Other Forum Stuff, reading, and taking the current set of kittens to the shelter for spay / neuter clinic. These four get swapped there for a mom and three four-week old kittens who will come home with me!

My most exciting plans involve watching Season 4 of Rake, which just arrived on DVD in the mail (it's unavailable to stream in the US). I had to borrow a DVD player with a USB from the campus library as I don't have a TV or DVD player... hoping the tech works as I am soooo excited for this season of a good show!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29 [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
Sunday I will prep to go on my first business trip on my new job.

Congratulations on the new gig, and good luck with the trip
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a carpet and rug professionally cleaned at the house today. That necessitated moving a bunch of furniture and household detritus out of the way. This evening I will move it all back after the carpet and rug have fully dried out.

Mrs wimsey is doing hockey with wimsey jr tomorrow morning and then a movie with jr, jr's best friend and best friend's mother. So I get the morning off. I will work, and then get to go roll jiu jitsu. Which I enjoy on its own, but also owner of the academy has a birthday this weekend, so all students are 'encouraged' to show up for a group photo. I'd like to avoid finding out what the consequence of ignoring that encouragement might be.

Then I have to put in my dad time on Sunday to give mrs wimsey some reciprocity. Wimsey jr and I will definitely go for a swim, but I need to figure out what else we'll do for the day. Maybe an outing into the city.

Sunday night is for ghostwriting a nastygram for a client who has a recently fired executive who thinks she's owed a bonus.

And somewhere in there I need to go for a run and get enough sleep. We had corporate photos for the website done last week. I look like shit and need to get it together a bit. Nothing like professional high res photography to give one a reality check.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to get a new HVAC system so I'm staying home and not spending money. I sold my AFC Championship tickets for 2.5x face (plus, my nephew has to work and can't go and his wife and I are sports superstitious and we were sitting there last year with the same opponent and that didn't work out so well; not to mention it's going to butt cold in Kansas City).

Tonight: Watch RuPaul's Drag Race
Saturday: Gym, grocery store, read, write a poem
Sunday: Yoga, plan the season afternoon get-together with the t.. club; leave that early to watch football

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today, morning, bike ride 40km
then youtube and slowtwitch, couch potating on the sofa, a bit of laundry, a bit of gardening (trimming out weed)
Pizzeria and cocktail tonite, with the loved one
snore, snore, snore

Tomorrow
a bunch of pancakes (to celebrate the end of a two weeks training block)
installing an RJ45 cable from the router to the pain cave (20m away)
walk on the beach with the loved one
some video on netflix or cable network
yawn yawn yawn
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Daytona International Speedway for the 24 Hours of Daytona. Pulled into the track at 8:00 am this morning and if everything goes well I'll leave at about 4:00 tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a head cold so I’m staying home today. My youngest son is helping my husband fix the towel bar that my son accidentally pulled off the wall in the bathroom. I walked by and my son had the drill in his hands and looked at me with big eyes.

I’ve been hearing the drill on and off for, I swear, 20 minutes. And it’s still going! This last one was higher pitched— like high speed. It’s cracking me up.

When I go see their work, it will probably look fine. But it sounds like there might be 30 holes in the wall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Page by page scanning the physical copy of my medical record so that I can start accounting for every bump or bruise I've had over 30 years in the Navy. Preparation for retirement and the pain of processing VA benefits status.

Awesome.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to the European BJJ Championships. One match. Lost by 2 points. Amazing experience. Back next year.
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29 [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This morning I made a loaf of buttermilk bread and a pan of cinnamon rolls. My eldest says, “I love your bread.”

My bacon wrapped dates are terrible, but my bread is fantastico.

Everything I know about making bread comes from my mom, the Tassajara Bread Book, and all my teachers, past, present, and future. đź’™
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29 [Barks&Purrs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an awesome weekend doing nothing. Can't wait for the next one, cause we have a family skiing trip planned finally.
At the beginning I had a little trouble with the accommodation, but booking customer service https://booking.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html was able to solve everything pretty quick.
Last edited by: MitchMcCrown: Feb 15, 23 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: What are your weekend plans? Jan 28/29 [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
I went to the European BJJ Championships. One match. Lost by 2 points. Amazing experience. Back next year.

Nice!

You still a blue belt or have you made the jump to purple?

I'm trying to tee up a couple competitions later this year. Need to lose a bit of weight and spend some more time rolling before I'm ready to fight, even at the master's level.
Quote Reply