Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From the article:
The teacher requested anonymity because she fears potential retaliation from the school district.
---

This makes me wonder how many teachers/ TA's have been chocked in this school. I hope it isn't that many. Once you go to the press citing this incident, it has to be fairly easy for the school to figure out who talked to the press and enact any kind of "potential retaliation", if that were going to be a thing.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:

Watching MMA I would bet.

I know my grandsons pick up on the MMA commercials that they view while trying to enjoy an NFL game with their father and grandfather. They then will act out in imitation. Danger lurks when correction is not applied.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
M~ wrote:

Watching MMA I would bet.

I know my grandsons pick up on the MMA commercials that they view while trying to enjoy an NFL game with their father and grandfather. They then will act out in imitation. Danger lurks when correction is not applied.

From watching Saturday morning wrestling I suplexed my brother once. I thought I had done some serious damage. Kids are stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [Rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick_pcfl wrote:
I know that it is typical to blame the parents for something like this. And I definitely agree that there is some blame for allowing him access to a firearm. But I guess that it is possible that they provided a good home and tried to help him - and that something inside the kid was just broken.

We went to church with a couple who adopted two young boys from a Russian orphanage about 20 years ago. They discovered that one of the boys had severe behavioral issues that they weren't aware of when they adopted him.

I feel for the parents in the story if they did provide a good environment and a loving home but it didn't make a difference. When my son was young we took him to occupational therapy (he is high-functioning autistic) and saw a number of children who were low functioning. My heart broke for the parents and the children.

A few years ago I had a hail claim where the woman had an adult autistic son who was probably 6 feet tall. He wore onesies and drank juice from a bottle. Her husband had left her and she was pretty much the only caretaker for her son. I'm sure that she envisioned her life a lot differently and had high hopes for her son when he was born.

I am in total agreement. The good home possibility exists here and the kid still got broken somehow. Over to M's point and his new thread, I contend 4 year old kids today have casual access to not age appropriate content and some care givers are maxed out sorting out the bad. I do not envy a parent raising children in this age.

The whole thing about the hand gun in the home just shouts over all other factors.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The whole thing about the hand gun in the home just shouts over all other factors."

I agree, how has the mother not been charged with a crime for keeping an unsecure firearm in the house with an unstable six year old child with major behavioral issues?
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:
"The whole thing about the hand gun in the home just shouts over all other factors."

I agree, how has the mother not been charged with a crime for keeping an unsecure firearm in the house with an unstable six year old child with major behavioral issues?

Why does it matter the kid had behavioural issues? Keeping an unsecured firearm (that was either loaded or had unsecured ammo with it) in a home with a 6 year old should be an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:

Why does it matter the kid had behavioural issues? Keeping an unsecured firearm (that was either loaded or had unsecured ammo with it) in a home with a 6 year old should be an issue.

It doesn't. No firearm should be left unsecure. Children or no children. In this case it absolutely should not happen and it is criminal.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Herbie Hancock wrote:

I don't know, it certainly seems to me to raise the degree of negligence if you have a violent child in the house that clearly knows about the use of guns and even then you don't secure your firearms.
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

https://apnews.com/...e&utm_id=Taboola

Makes you wonder what was going on at home.

He choked a teacher to the point that she couldn't breathe in 2021. It seems like it would be pretty easy to shake off a 4-5 year old.

The choking incident described in the notice was confirmed by the teacher. She said that in 2021, the boy came up behind her as she sat in a chair in the front of the class, locked his forearms in front of her neck and pulled back and down, hard. She said a teaching assistant pulled the boy off her.
“I didn’t feel safe the rest of the year because I knew if they didn’t protect me when he choked me and I couldn’t breathe, then they wouldn’t protect me, my kids or my colleagues if he did something not as harmful,” she told The Associated Press.

that's what you took away from reading that?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: 6 year old shoots teacher. Who gets punished, and how severely? [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbie Hancock wrote:

The wheels of justice do turn,

Mother indicted in mid Apr and now has pleaded guilty on a gun charge:

https://www.cnn.com/...r-charged/index.html

https://www.13newsnow.com/...e0-b2d0-df5eb38a8878

Quote:
Prosecutors say the investigation into the firearm used during the school shooting on January 6 led them to search two residences where 25-year-old Deja Taylor was living. There they found drugs and drug paraphernalia, as well as a firearm barrel lock. They did not find a lockbox, a trigger lock, or a key to a trigger lock.
Quote Reply

Prev Next