Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift tri academy
Quote | Reply
Anyone hear a no or yes yet after completing the required stuff to be eligibile? I haven't heard anything and just curious if anyone else has. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [bricewilliams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven’t heard a yes or no. Pretty sure the cut off for application to be sent out is over now so assuming didn’t make the cut ;(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It feels like in addition to completing all of the required workouts one would also need the following to be considered for zwift amateur tri team.
  • significant social following
  • already qualified for WC

Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [crayzeee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It also appears that this year’s team objective is to select athletes that have the potential to develop into PROs. Top AG results for older folks don’t appear to be what they are looking for…. From recent ST article

Building on this run of success, Zwift Academy Tri has partnered with Canyon with the explicit goal of potentially identifying the next generation of professional talent. According to a press release, Markus Fachbach, Canyon’s Brand and Marketing Manager, sees this partnership with ZA Tri to potentially parallel the success of Zwift Academy Road for identifying athletes who can compete at the pro level and secure them a pro contract. Fachbach stated that, “It is our hope that by working with Zwift we will be able to inspire greater performance and uncover hidden talent from a global pool of athletes.”
Last edited by: scca_ita: Dec 27, 22 8:33
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In 2020 I made it through the first selection. I only received the confirmation at the end of January, so there might still be some time.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [TomvdS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following. Haven’t heard anything either. I would hope that when they start contacting finalists somebody comes here and posts so we know we haven’t made it :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwift is changing their triathlete selection to mirror the GCN Pro Cycling events. they are no longer looking to give above average age-grouper a lottery bunch of prizes, but rather looking for the next triathlon professionals. I like this strategy.

So, if you are looking to go pro in triathlon, then best of luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got an email invitation to apply to the second round. #fangirlscream
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats! good luck. I still havent heard anything, but I know they are struggling a bit with the whole split site thing and how to cover costs...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you mean you got the first email or you got another one after that? I got the first email, where it was like a google form and it said it would be a few weeks. Really hoping to make it to the next round too!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift tri academy [Shelby3788] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shelby3788 wrote:
Just curious if you mean you got the first email or you got another one after that? I got the first email, where it was like a google form and it said it would be a few weeks. Really hoping to make it to the next round too!

It was a google form, asking for things like my bike size and what races I've signed up for in 2023. It was due early Feb, but I haven't heard anything back.

Good luck to you too!
Quote Reply