Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shimano wireless shifting question 12 spd
Quote | Reply
I'm considering making a mutant bike with disc brake on the front and rim brake on the rear by changing out the fork on an old Ti frame. This means mixing and matching groupset parts though. With the new 12 spd D12, the rim brake shifters are not wireless (require a wire running to the battery) but the disc brakes are wireless. Question: if I connect a rim brake shifter to a disc brake shifter (with wireless,) will I be able to use both shifters wirelessly? I hugely appreciate any input.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Shimano wireless shifting question 12 spd [thepbx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think so.

Why : because 9270 levels in order to send wireless signal actually have batteries (like SRAM ) to communicate . The rim brake shifter has no such battery.

with one lever sending the signal how would it know which derailiuer to send too.
Last edited by: KKG: Dec 2, 22 18:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you committed the Shimano? If you went SRAM you could get the Force AXS with mechanical brakes and then have a mechanical disc in rear and rim brake in the front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses, and no I'm not totally sold on Shimano -- sounds like Force is the way to go just in case.

Di2 wiring remains a mystery to me -- found out the hard way that the rim brake 8150 is not wireless. I do know that it can work running one shifter to another and then that shifter to the battery -- somehow it knows which signal is which.
Last edited by: thepbx: Dec 4, 22 14:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SRAM have a hydro rim brake you could look into using on the rear.
Quote Reply