Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I sprained an ankle ... [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just realized something ... see above

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So in college, I fell down some steps and hurt my ankle when my cat ran under my legs. Missed two XC meets.

Once rolled my ankle standing still just by shifting my weight.
Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Partial tear in my MCL after falling off a skateboard aged 42. I was with my 10yo daughter and she had to assist me getting to the hospital.
This is just my most recent.2 years ago and I'm only just starting running again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aside from the occasional tweaks from doing the most benign of s#!t...

I was already scheduled for a spine surgery to address a herniated disc. Well, I'm sitting at my desk at home one early morning, and I sneezed. Felt like I'd pulled a muscle in my back, and it didn't get better for over a week. Then I had a horrible night's sleep and when I finally woke up the next morning the pain was gone. But getting up from the kitchen table, suddenly my right leg wouldn't adduct. Felt like it was caught on something. Turns out that sneeze caused *another* disc herniation that I was fortunate to be able to have taken care of in the same surgery already scheduled.

But that first hernaition didn't really get repaired in that surgery, and I ended up re-herniating it trying to "shrimp out" in a jiujitsu session.

It's always the most simple cr@p that causes these issues...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Came in from the pool with wet crocs and decided it would be a good idea to play with the dog. One step on the hard floor with wet shoes and down I went. Right leg out left leg under and fell on it.

Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw a very pregnant doctor in a walking cast. She is a track bike rider and speedskater. She broke her foot in a swimming pool on a step. She said that being pregnant drained her bone calcium.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [st speedskater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pulled a Sammy Sosa - sneezed and pinched a nerve in my neck. For three weeks, I couldn’t turn my head and could barely lift my left hand over my head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neither of these are recent but...

1. I slipped going down some steps/steep trail walking back to my tent. Sprained my ankle, didn't ice in the creek that was *right* there, hobbled to my tent and fell asleep (also, I was drunk, which likely contributed to all of this). Missed out on competing in the north american wife carrying championship the following day as a result :(

2. Slipped on ice and got a concussion. The following day I went skiing with some of my friends (who were former ski racers, didn't know at the time though). Fell and broke my leg (boot line hairline fracture, kept skiing for a while after). I was too embarrassed to go back to the same ER so I waited until I was back in Boston.

---------------------------------------------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. ~Gandalf
Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [Alaric83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Christmas Day 2010. Went running with the girlfriend at the time is snow (this is a real novelty to me, never had a white Christmas, seen snow maybe twice in my life).

Dived into a snowbank. Well, whatt I thought was a snow bank. Got up, little finger at about 45 degrees at first joint and already swelling.

Popped it back into the socket. Hmm, still not right. Finished the jog, back to her house to get it checked out (father is a surgeon). Ah, looks fine. Keep an eye on it. A few days later. Still, that's not right. X-ray. OK, so you've popped it back in but the initial impact tore one of the flexors out of the bone. We could get plastic surgery, but all that will do will make it look pretty and take longer to heal.

Really, IDGAF, so let it heal. Joint is still swollen now, and you know about it when it's cold.

That was a painful day, started at 0400 when I was incredibly sick after trying to keep up on the booze with her father. Never, ever, try to keep up on the booze with an 18 stone Scotsman.
Quote Reply
Re: I sprained an ankle because I fell while walking and eating a donut. Make me feel better with your "got injured because I did something dumb" stories. Overuse injury stories not welcome. [altayloraus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm almost too embarrassed to say it, but I helped the midwife get the wooden footboard off the end of my wife's hospital bed. I had no shoes on, and dropped the board on my left foot breaking two metatarsals. I know this because they wheeled me down to the ER while my wife cracked on with things. They wheeled me back in a cast to meet the baby.
Last edited by: HillOutOfDodge: Dec 14, 22 13:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next