Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
Diabolo wrote:
Rocky M wrote:
All Time-Chrissy Wellington-Not even Ryf took her down in IMH.

Huh?? Would have been hard for Ryf to take her down seeing as they raced in completely different eras 30 years apart.

why is ST like this? why do the big incredulous "huh??" and the sarcastic response and go over the top with the "30 years apart" thing? chrissie is 45, daniela is 35.

Ha, for some reason even though it's written Chrissie Wellington in plain letters I had PNF in mind when I wrote that. My bad. The point that they never raced each other still stands though.

Since you fessed up I did say Chrissy vs PNF on that--I will say when I wrote "Not even Ryf took her down"--it was based off the fact Miranda beat Ryf and Miranda also raced Chrissy in her era, thus, thinking Ryf was racing just further back in the pack as an upcoming pro...since nobody beat Chrissy (which she actually raced infrequently but was "on it" when she did)...that was my reasoning thinking Ryf & Chrissy raced together because Miranda appeared in both their race eras. However, my point still stands, Ryf has been beaten many times where Chrissy was not. Therefore, I conclude Ryf never took down Chrissy in her unbeatable record (but that wasn't my ORIGINAL meaning of my statement either to be honest).
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diabolo wrote:
Ha, for some reason even though it's written Chrissie Wellington in plain letters I had PNF in mind when I wrote that. My bad. The point that they never raced each other still stands though.

"It's spelled, 'Raymond Luxury Yacht,' but it's pronounced, 'Throat Warbler Mangrove'"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Miranda beat Ryf and Miranda also raced Chrissy in her era, thus, thinking Ryf was racing just further back in the pack as an upcoming pro...since nobody beat Chrissy (which she actually raced infrequently but was "on it" when she did)...that was my reasoning thinking Ryf & Chrissy raced together because Miranda appeared in both their race eras.

Who is this Miranda you keep referring too?
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
Rocky M wrote:
Miranda beat Ryf and Miranda also raced Chrissy in her era, thus, thinking Ryf was racing just further back in the pack as an upcoming pro...since nobody beat Chrissy (which she actually raced infrequently but was "on it" when she did)...that was my reasoning thinking Ryf & Chrissy raced together because Miranda appeared in both their race eras.

Who is this Miranda you keep referring too?

Any relation to Phillip or Blumenthal?
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Male
This year: Kristian Blummenfelt
All time: Javier GĂłmez

Female
This year: Taylor Knibb
All time: Gwen Jorgensen
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Truly shocked that no one has said Chelsea Sodaro's name yet for this year. One of the more awesome stories in long course racing in a while and the run she threw down at Kona was epic.

All time, I'd say Macca because he was winning Kona just when I was starting to get into the sport, so his wins hold a lot of nostalgia for me. Plus I think his brash personality and willingness to innovate is what is needed for the sport to grow and thrive, even if it rubs some people the wrong way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skipper!
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [CheesyConey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CheesyConey wrote:
Truly shocked that no one has said Chelsea Sodaro's name yet for this year. One of the more awesome stories in long course racing in a while and the run she threw down at Kona was epic.

I'd expect her name would've been mentioned if the question was about one's favourite performance of 2022. The way it is phrased, basically Sodaro's solitary Kona win (as impressive as it was), is being weighed against the entire career of other currently active athletes.

For me, all time, Erin Baker has to be up there. She was influential in changing the sport for women, from raising the competitive standards across all distances, to her tough as nails approach to training and racing, and also her influence in the recognition and reimbursement women received in the sport.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Taylor Knibb
2) Mark Allen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A. Jan Frodeno
B. Scott Molina
Criteria: Their results and personalities.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This year: Kristian Blumenfeldt
All-Time: Tie between Javier Gomez and Sebastian Kienle

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually should be spelled Mirinda, aka "Rinny"
Quote Reply
Re: Your Favourite Triathlete of 2022 & of all time [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Actually should be spelled Mirinda, aka "Rinny"

I know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hydrosloth wrote:
Female or male.
Long course or short course.
Favourite NOT best.
Your criteria.

A) This year __________
B) All time ___________

A) Sam Laidlow / Chelsea Sodaro
B) Jesse Thomas / Natascha Badmann

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Dec 12, 22 22:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THIS YEAR: Gustav Iden
ALL TIME: Sebastian Kienle
Last edited by: ivantriker: Dec 13, 22 1:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm putting a vote in for Matt Russell this year - he has had a number of issues and keeps going (or trying to go) with his setbacks.

All time for me is still Chrissie Wellington
Quote Reply

Prev Next