Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Is the "forum" of the new venture their discord site ?

Yes. I was skeptical at first - my only Discord forum experience being team organization for Zwift racing. But it's quite good. Already has a good quorum on most topics. Their bike racing thread isn't as good as our classics thread on this site, but it's not bad at all.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Their bike racing thread isn't as good as our classics thread on this site

the classics thread is the best thread on ST as well.....by far.

Funny that one of the few good threads on a tri site is about grand tour/classic bike racing.
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Few good threads?" Excuse me?

There a hundreds of "good threads" here, but maybe only a handful of truly brilliant - dare I say "Epic?" - threads, if that's what I think you meant

I won't name them or post the links, but I'm sure that you know what they are

Sorry

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

There a hundreds of "good threads" here, but maybe only a handful of truly brilliant - dare I say "Epic?" - threads, if that's what I think you meant

Sorry

Ok, I correct myself. Fewer good 'new' threads. Better ?

As much as anyone, I appreciate all new posts to the "I crapped myself on the run" thread
Last edited by: marcag: Mar 9, 23 12:53
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

Sorry

I'm looking for a fern for my workout area
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tallswimmer wrote:
Welp - they've launched their new venture Escape Collective (escapecollective.cc), and by following along on the socials, it looked like James wouldn't be joining until the 11th hour when it worked out.

They announced their prelaunch today for $100/year. Caley, Dave, Iain, Abby, James, etc, etc, etc. Was a pretty quick yes for me to sign up, and I really hope they hit their goals.

I joined the launch. Have never paid for cycling content before.

Today I see the site is up and running (maybe been a few weeks?). Wow. Wow. I'm grateful for you and others who recommended this resource.

I've just been through about half the pictures from Flanders and am stunned by the quality. I've been missing good pictures since the days of hard copy magazines. I feel like I've already gotten my monies worth.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Cyclingtips and Velonews are gone as we know it (thanks Slowman for not selling to Outside inc) [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
tallswimmer wrote:
Welp - they've launched their new venture Escape Collective (escapecollective.cc), and by following along on the socials, it looked like James wouldn't be joining until the 11th hour when it worked out.

They announced their prelaunch today for $100/year. Caley, Dave, Iain, Abby, James, etc, etc, etc. Was a pretty quick yes for me to sign up, and I really hope they hit their goals.

I joined the launch. Have never paid for cycling content before.

Today I see the site is up and running (maybe been a few weeks?). Wow. Wow. I'm grateful for you and others who recommended this resource.

I've just been through about half the pictures from Flanders and am stunned by the quality. I've been missing good pictures since the days of hard copy magazines. I feel like I've already gotten my monies worth.

If you take the number of members and you multiply by $100, that's a good starting budget. Like you, this was the first time I paid for cycling content. I would do it elsewhere for this type of content. Is it sustainable ? We'll see.

Race coverage is great.The pictures are incredible. The tech and other stories are very good. The Forum/Discord is ok...it needs a little more structure IMO. The podcasts...there are almost too many. I am trying to figure out which I like.

The no advertisement / no sponsor pressure thing is great so far.
Quote Reply

Prev Next