Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When is everyone getting to Lahti?

I've got the Forenom apartments booked from the Thursday, but I'll be coming from touring Stockholm so I'm wondering how much I can push it. I suspect arriving mid-afternoon Friday is probably too late from a check-in perspective? My plan is to take the overnight ferry from Stockholm, but it arrives at 10:30ish in Helsinki.
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My understanding is Forenom is self check in, you will receive a door code the day your stay starts, so late checkin shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe worth emailing them to confirm?

I'm going to be in Lahti the whole week before, as it was a minimum 1 week stay I figured it was easier to work from the hotel room. Can get out and ride the course before work if I feel like it too!
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [Smiler15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I'm not worried about the hotel, I'm wondering if I can push the check-in process for the race to as late as possible to maximize my time elsewhere in Europe.

I suspect that getting into Lahti Friday afternoon is probably pushing it a bit late
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah I see. Race is Sunday so presumably you can do all that on Saturday? Even if its not optimal!
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [Smiler15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello everybody!

I'm an Airbnb host from Lahti. I have already rent my property for IM WC in next August. But I have 4 more 4 options, 1-2 bedroom apartments and all of them 1-2 km from the venue. One of them is my own but will be available during IM đź‘ŤThese won't be published on Airbnb. Payment 50% (booking fee) by the end of March and a balance upon arrival. Prices for up to six nights 2100 and extra nights 300 euros each. Deposit 500 euros. Share this and let me know if interested, I will send photos and more information.

You can take a look of my property (booked already) and my reviews on Airbnb https://abnb.me/pn5ItHuwDxb

Br,

Teemu from Lahti
Teemu.saares@gmail.com
+358400269649
Last edited by: Teemu: Feb 22, 23 15:39
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to revive an old thread
Given there's still no accommodation really available in Lahti I am probably going to rely on my fallback option which is an AirBnB next to Helsinki train station.
However I have read that the standard Ironman Lahti 70.3 has a "unique start time of 3:15 p.m., this race features a finish under the spellbinding nordic midnight sun."

This means that one (especially me) could be finishing quite late.
The last train from Lahti to Helsinki appears to be 22:10 arriving in Helsinki 23:03h. If many people are trying to jump on that it's gonna b

Does anyone think this would be a problem?
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [silkchicken357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The race is at 7am.. the schedule is on the website now. I don't believe the train runs that early.. So you'd have the opposite problem without a rental car.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [mstewarttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're absolutely right. Would be nice if they sent us an email to update when info goes up...
Transition open 5:30 → 7:30am
First train is 06:57 am arriving 07:49am

I'm gonna have to think of another solution that I guess may involve renting a car
If anyone has any other bright ideas please let me know!
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [silkchicken357] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

If anyone still in need of an accommodation, my friends got some options. First one 500m from the venue and another 3km. Price 2600-3000 euros. These properties are not on Airbnb etc... Let me know if interested Teemu.saares@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
silkchicken357 wrote:
You're absolutely right. Would be nice if they sent us an email to update when info goes up...
Transition open 5:30 → 7:30am
First train is 06:57 am arriving 07:49am

I'm gonna have to think of another solution that I guess may involve renting a car
If anyone has any other bright ideas please let me know!

The Visit Lahti site linked to IM’s race site suggests there will be buses from Helsinki
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

https://visitlahti.fi/...events/ironmanlahti/

Thanks for that. Will keep an eye out for more info on the Visit Lahti site
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! We could find accommodation for a couple during the IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship, Lahti competition. Duration about 3-5 nights, you can offer a suitable price! -and remember this is a top place, you can swim and sauna every evening. The place is located by the lake, about a kilometer from the place of the bicycles and 2km from the finish line. There would be a private bedroom with a king-size double bed and a private toilet, a shared kitchen, a sauna, a living room, a terrace, a grill, and of course a lockable garage for adjusting and storing bicycles. The tools and mounting bracket are available! Transportation from the airport and back, at the agreed time, is also possible (Volvo xc90). As well as other transports in the area, whatever you want, and even a boat cruise in the evening, for example, approx. 25 km to the canal to eat! - duration about 2-3 hours. Contacts and questions rekola.pekka@gmail.com (We are at home at the same time, 2 adults and one teenager. But we have our own toilet and bedrooms.) https://maps.app.goo.gl/...nd3uS7eisvr7?g_st=ic
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [brendank13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Greetings from Finland.

We set up a small service to help people find hotel and transport to Lahti.
- Wed 23 - Mon 28 August Hotel accommodation in Järvenpää (Airport: 25km, Lahti 68km (<1h), Helsinki 40km)
- Welcome dinner, breakfast every day
- Multiple transports to race venue by private bus: guided bike course check, athlete and bike check in, early morning race transfer and return to hotel
- Possible to participate in official IM70.3 WC event program
- Excellent training options in beautiful Järvenpää town
- Local guides with knowledge and tips
- Online briefing before traveling to Finland
- Option for bike check up by professional (extra charge)

Please see our website or @lahti2023 Instagram for more details.

https://www.4speed.fi/lahti2023/
https://www.instagram.com/lahti2023/

Best regards,

Carolyn, Harri and Jaakko :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going to bump this thread by fishing for accommodations to split with someone. Not planning on racing unless I can figure out a reasonable lodging situation first. Very flexible with setups so please send me a message if you've got a room/bed/couch and want to lower your costs a bit.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

I've got the Forenom apartments booked from the Thursday, but I'll be coming from touring Stockholm so I'm wondering how much I can push it. I suspect arriving mid-afternoon Friday is probably too late from a check-in perspective? My plan is to take the overnight ferry from Stockholm, but it arrives at 10:30ish in Helsinki.

FYI- I stayed at the Forenom for FNLD GRVL.
The rooms are very hot. We didn't have the square key-handle to open the windows. I was able to jam one of the spoons into the locks to open the window. Made a huge difference.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with Lahti accomodation for 2023 70.3 WC [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
timbasile wrote:

FYI- I stayed at the Forenom for FNLD GRVL.
The rooms are very hot. We didn't have the square key-handle to open the windows. I was able to jam one of the spoons into the locks to open the window. Made a huge difference.

Thanks for the heads up. When you say square key handle, do you mean something like this? (but square and female)

Quote Reply

Prev Next