Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see Sandin has 8 points in 4 games. Not bad.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I see Sandin has 8 points in 4 games. Not bad.

I was going to post the same to you. Beyond pleasantly surprised. He has seamlessly slotted into the top line. I am having a hard time sorting the why of the trade from the Leafs perspective. Gus was good but...... contracts aside, I see no downside to his addition so far. The Caps are still playing hard and are not dead yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our GM likes to do right by players. He wasn’t going to play so he traded him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Our GM likes to do right by players. He wasn’t going to play so he traded him.
Now that is so Canadian nice.

You've been noticeably quiet about the Leafs chances. It's been long enough for the newbies to have settled in. How's the vibe with the additions and is Matthews back up and skating well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There’s something wrong with Matthews. He’s not 100%. Guarantee at the end of the season we find out he needs surgery for something.

No clue about this team. They should be able to beat Tampa. But they should have been able to win the last 4 seasons in round 1. So…

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am at an Oshawa Generals game right now. The woman beside me just won the 50/50 draw.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this was called a 5-minute major on the ice. After review it was changed to a 2-minute minor. Bergeron left the ice bleeding and needed 5 stitches. No word yet today about any sort of follow-up from the league. That's some bullshit.

At least it was followed up by this:

Quote Reply
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:
So this was called a 5-minute major on the ice. After review it was changed to a 2-minute minor. Bergeron left the ice bleeding and needed 5 stitches. No word yet today about any sort of follow-up from the league. That's some bullshit.

At least it was followed up by this:

That looked like a 2 to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was a major penalty, game misconduct and one-game suspension:

The cross-check to Bergeron was directly to his face and caused an immediate and significant injury. Not sure how that's 2 minutes, especially given the call on the ice.
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:

The cross-check to Bergeron was directly to his face and caused an immediate and significant injury. Not sure how that's 2 minutes, especially given the call on the ice.

I think the difference is intent. This one was not in the heat of the game and was a deliberate stick to the face.
The other I could see how the ref called it otherwise. It didn't look like a deliberate check to the face in the hopes of injury.
Quote Reply
Re: Hockey Season 2022/23 [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
Dgconner154 wrote:

I think the difference is intent. This one was not in the heat of the game and was a deliberate stick to the face.
The other I could see how the ref called it otherwise. It didn't look like a deliberate check to the face in the hopes of injury.

Maybe. I can see a distinction between during play and between whistles. But the league's explanation of the Greer suspension stated that his intent was irrelevant and that players are responsible for their sticks at all times. I'm not saying Pederson should've been suspended but it seems worthy of a major considering he injured the other player.
Quote Reply

Prev Next