Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest reports indicate as many as 60 dead.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [RogerC39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RogerC39 wrote:
I'm just responding to the last post, but why is this in a thread about Ukraine when all indications are that this has nothing to do with Ukraine.

That’s my fault, as I noted in the first post about this attack. Given Putin’s history of using fabricated terrorist attacks to further his political goals it felt…if not reasonable then at least legitimate to ask whether this attack coming so soon after the election and the announcement of new armies might be an attempt to shift more Russians into the ardently pro war column.

it seems increasingly clear that’s not the case.

For clarity, I never suspected, thought or intended to imply that this was a Ukrainian attack, sanctioned or otherwise.

"Are you sure we're going fast enough?" - Emil Zatopek
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Russians not losing a chance to further their agenda, claiming the Ukrainians helped the attackers and they were planning to make their escape to Ukraine. If reports are true that they captured an attacker, I'm sure he could be "convinced" to say so.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
Russians not losing a chance to further their agenda, claiming the Ukrainians helped the attackers and they were planning to make their escape to Ukraine. If reports are true that they captured an attacker, I'm sure he could be "convinced" to say so.

Makes total sense. Attack Moscow then head to the heaviest concentration of Russian soldiers in the country. Crazy Ivan would be proud.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FishyJoe wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

Makes total sense. Attack Moscow then head to the heaviest concentration of Russian soldiers in the country. Crazy Ivan would be proud.

BBC reporting 11 people arrested including 4 attackers, which were all that I saw in the videos.
Last edited by: ThisIsIt: Mar 23, 24 4:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
BBC reporting 11 people arrested including 4 attackers, which were all that I saw in the videos.

Yeah, my guess is that the russians with their awesome police work just rounded up the first random central asians or chechens that they could find (russians despise both). Then they'll just torture them for fabricated confessions. And create some kind of fabricated Ukraine connections of course. Then, it'll be time for more conscriptions for the Ukrainian meat grinder. Because, you know, never let a terrorist attack go to waste.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

It’s here because, when it happened, nobody knew what it was related to, and it probably seemed reasonable that it might be connected.

As of now, Ukraine has denied any connection, but Ukraine’s military intelligence agency has already said it’s a false flag operation aimed at stirring up anti-Ukrainian sentiment in Russia, and Medvedev and one of the oligarchs have blamed Ukraine, even calling for nuclear retaliation.

Pretty much anything happening in Russia or Ukraine is going to connect with the war somehow.

ISIS has claimed responsibility, so hard to say it's really false flag. But I can understand Ukrainian intelligence being very worried about being blamed for a purely civilian attack they had no role in.

Granted various terror groups taking credit for things they didn't do isn't unheard of either - so ISIS statements with a grain of salt as well.

My guess is if it's "Ukrainian" the actual Ukrainian government/military had no role in it. Possibly an independent "partisan" group.

But I lean heavily towards believing ISIS, particularly given the U.S. warning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
The latest reports indicate as many as 60 dead.

Just read that 115 dead so far. Including almost 30 people in a bathroom where mothers were holding their children. Fucking hell.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [Yeeper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since Dave started a thread for the Moscow terror attack, might as well get back on track here.

Another oil refinery was reportedly hit yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And US apparently is against these attacks because it will create increase in gas prices.
Quote Reply
Re: Latest In Ukraine War [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
And US apparently is against these attacks because it will create increase in gas prices.

I saw that, and have since seen that the US says they didn't tell Ukraine to stop hitting the refineries.

Sevastopol getting it tonight.

At least one big hit.

https://www.reddit.com/...=web2x&context=3

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ukraine claims to have hit two more Russian landing ships in the Sevastopol harbor, the Black See fleets communication center and other infrastructure last night.

https://www.reddit.com/...=web2x&context=3

Quote Reply

Prev Next