Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I had been in a pretty good "alternate swim and run days" and got out of that toward the end of last week. Goals this week are
- get back to what's pretty much alternating swim run days pretty much
- healthy coping skills 6/7 days
- do stuff that makes me faster check

swam 3x (10,375 yds total)
ran 5x (41.45 mi)
I didn't lift but I did my hip and shoulder exercises 3 or 4 times.

goals this coming week are the same as last

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a transition time from school year to summer schedules for us. I’m not sure what the next week will be like. I was able to run 3 with the big dog today. It’s so good for us!

My youngest and I are considering a 50 day challenge involving our pool, bikes and tennis. We’re not certain what it will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still doing my VR exercise daily. I did go volunteer last weekend at a tri which gives me the itch to get back training. I worked registration on Saturday afternoon and then on race day, I was at the swim finish giving people a hand out of the river, then helped out in the food/drink tent. Fun couple of days.

I did go to the doctor and told him that I am over the swollen feet/ankles that I have. It's been off and on for a few years, worse in the summer with the heat and humidity but has gotten much worse since the beginning of this year (like I can't wear a lot of the shoes I own). He did labs to rule out cardiac, liver and kidney issues (all fine) and he feels that the issue is from my knee replacement since they jack up lots of stuff in your leg (paraphrasing). Not thrilled about this at all. He gave me Lasix (furosemide) for the fluid retention so we'll see if that helps.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you swimming these days? I’m curious if that might help your swollen feet & ankles.
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition [CallMeMaybe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CallMeMaybe wrote:
Are you swimming these days? I’m curious if that might help your swollen feet & ankles.

Not as much as I could be going. I need to get back there regularly.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve always loved the feeling of pressure from immersion in water. And horizontal exercising with your muscles helping squeeze and move fluids within your body seems like it should help swollen ankles at least temporarily. I envision exercising a muscle or moving a joint is like squeezing a sponge.

Two of my 3 kids had knee surgeries and my daughter complained about her hot, swollen foot for a long, long time after it. She also had messed up nerves along her shin down to her ankle. We did a “rub, scrub, and —— “ program to desensitize those nerves. The swelling & nerve trouble doesn’t seem to happen much anymore, 2+ years later. We were sitting on the couch a few days ago and I rubbed her lower legs and feet without causing those nerves any trouble. I really couldn’t touch her shin areas before.

An aunt of mine has lymphedema, which makes her feet and ankles puff up. Just incredibly uncomfortable. She had both knees replaced not long ago— she had the lymphedema prior to the surgeries.

This is all I know about these things. I know it’s very uncomfortable. And I hope you find something that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
I'm still doing my VR exercise daily. I did go volunteer last weekend at a tri which gives me the itch to get back training. I worked registration on Saturday afternoon and then on race day, I was at the swim finish giving people a hand out of the river, then helped out in the food/drink tent. Fun couple of days.

I did go to the doctor and told him that I am over the swollen feet/ankles that I have. It's been off and on for a few years, worse in the summer with the heat and humidity but has gotten much worse since the beginning of this year (like I can't wear a lot of the shoes I own). He did labs to rule out cardiac, liver and kidney issues (all fine) and he feels that the issue is from my knee replacement since they jack up lots of stuff in your leg (paraphrasing). Not thrilled about this at all. He gave me Lasix (furosemide) for the fluid retention so we'll see if that helps.

Have you tried Normatec boots for this?

Karen ST Concierge
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? June 6 Edition [STConcierge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STConcierge wrote:
ironclm wrote:

Have you tried Normatec boots for this?

Yes - doesn't really help that much.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply