Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:
Unless I missed it, on the “old ST forum” this news on Moots (AKA Mirror Man) would have a 100 posts already.
https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._of_Cancer_8358.html

i suspect the "new ST forum" will behave likewise. it just takes someone to start it. i'm surprised no one has.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Longboarder wrote:
Longboarder wrote:
Unless I missed it, on the “old ST forum” this news on Moots (AKA Mirror Man) would have a 100 posts already.
https://www.slowtwitch.com/..._of_Cancer_8358.html
———————————————————————-

Imsparticus wrote

Sad when anyone dies. We all need to cover-up and use sunscreen.
———————————————————————————

It is sad news and I agree on the sunscreen. Also, getting regular checkups with your dermatologist.
I’ve had 13 skin cancers removed, basil and squamous cell. So this hits home with me. I have an appointment with my dermatologist today🤞🤞

Good luck. I am 62 and live in Florida, so it hits home with me too. I don't think Moots rival, Joe Bonness, races anymore. Father Time remains undefeated.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
In years gone by ST would post an article (and photos!) detailing the gear that the pros used -pics of the pros on the bike and the run... always enjoyed those

:-(

I miss pubes.

Although this thread reminds me of the South Park episode of the member berries
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [SuperDave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SuperDave wrote:
How 'old' is old?

-SD

Hey SuperDave! You qualify chronologically only.

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I miss threads about the cheatin Texan.

Just kidding, I'd rather punch myself in the nuts.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I miss when this picture kicked off the best week of my life.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I miss pubes.

Stop the waxing, then ...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone reanimated this Zombie from 2005

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...com_dead%3F_P495670/

Lots of good/missing names in there

Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [on your left] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So has it really been 14 years since this was made??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2Ow_fSt9I

He was also not happy that his logo was not picked...looked like a melted AT&T globe.

And, the relentless "Paolo knows how to find me" posts.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [vmac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The forum used to be Yellow & Grey? Like LetsRun?

Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
I see half the people taking the poll are from the first 10 years, which I would think would be worrisome as most of us age out of caring about this sport because we can't do it and lose interest. Take care of your current customers. The old timers won't be around forever and you'll want new blood to drive the place and its culture and associated momentum

pardon the tangent, but i hear this argument about triathlon in general, about how our average age is creeping up, up, up and how that means were an aging, gentrified sport that can't bring in new blood. while acknowledging that sober analysis, there's another way to look at it, which is that triathlon is great at retention. (and maybe slowtwitch is a microcosm of that.)

what i hear from people is how well we've managed to sustain a population using this kind of internet platform for 20 years. but i'm with you, dev, i think we need to make sure we take care of the community, new and veteran, young and old, men and women.

Excuse me for jumping on this late but maybe a update of the functionality of the forum would help, even basics like an easy way to upload a picture without having to resize it or maybe a “react” function since every major platform has some sort of quick reaction that is wildly accessible and accepted now? A lot of folks have come and gone but I can’t think of any material changes that I’ve really noticed in the 12+ years that I’ve looked at the site, maybe that’s just my brain being forgetful as it ages though.

Edit: I miss VIM Sports - Tom Barrows of Wenatchee, WA.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Dec 5, 22 17:26
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohio_Roadie wrote:
... maybe a “react” function since every major platform has some sort of quick reaction that is wildly accessible and accepted now?

Considering how quick a trigger some people have, and how short some fuses are around here, unless there's an Undo element, that might NOT be such a good idea

Best to let people think about things, and use words, before they start clicking on shit, just because it's already there to click on

Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is a thumbs up/down, or laugh emoji really worse that some of the squabbles that’s we’ve witnessed over the years? In fairness I don’t really care about the reactions, it was more just to point out that as online medias have changed a few times over, I don’t recall more than maybe 1 or maybe 2 times things have changed here from my prospective. The easier picture upload, especially from (iOS) phones would be nice!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing I miss, just something I note:

The Dan Empfield > Slowman parallels to James Halliday > Anorak are my favorite thing about Slowtwitch's graceful aging.
Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [apmoss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apmoss wrote:
... James Halliday > Anorak ...

I had to look that up, thank you

Quote Reply
Re: I miss the 'old' ST [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevie g wrote:
Dev Paul writing 1000 words in every post

You can throw Dev "under the bus" But he'll just come right back. A true force of nature.

devashish_paul wrote:

.....[2000 words deleted]

Yes, the post is long (again, probably for the 50,000 time), but reflecting a bit on where we are with this sport. Once I am retired from tech I can pitch in some more locally and in other capacities. Ryan, its all good. Keep up the great work.

[more deleted]

My latest book: "Out of the Melting Pot, Into the Fire" is on sale on Amazon and at other online and local booksellers
Quote Reply

Prev Next