Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So the police lied again
Quote | Reply
Body camera footage contradicts sheriff's account of how deputies acted on DSU bus

https://www.delawareonline.com/...bus-stop/9729651002/

Not that anybody is going to do anything about it.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [Tri2gohard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While we're profiling, I'll say these guys certainly look the part.

Last edited by: Thom: May 16, 22 7:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If they had a drug sniffing dog that hit on something why wouldn't they use it to home in on the particular item and search it? Instead they go on fishing expedition through everybody's stuff. I'd put good money on the drug dog hitting on something being absolute bullshit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:
Body camera footage contradicts sheriff's account of how deputies acted on DSU bus

My son is going to DSU to play baseball this fall so I've been following this very closely. It is sad and horrific that some in our society are still fighting this in 2022. There is no excuse for this behavior.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [bradword] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bradword wrote:
My son is going to DSU to play baseball this fall so I've been following this very closely. It is sad and horrific that some in our society are still fighting this in 2022. There is no excuse for this behavior.

100% agree.

But where are the people who "support the police"? Where is the outcry over the lying, not just of the officers at the scene, but from the leadership?

There is only silence. That's all there ever has been and that's all there ever will be when it comes to law enforcement and Black Americans.

Sad state of affairs.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
If they had a drug sniffing dog that hit on something why wouldn't they use it to home in on the particular item and search it? Instead they go on fishing expedition through everybody's stuff. I'd put good money on the drug dog hitting on something being absolute bullshit.

The courts have really failed us and given way too much deference to drug sniffing dogs. There was a drug sniffing dog in Washington state that found signaled drugs every time they were used. Of course most times it signaled drugs, no illicit drugs were found. Lots of similar studies out there that show some dogs are no better than a coin flip.

It is why they are called by some cops “probable cause on four paws”, because they can be used to generate probable cause for a search.

There really need to by much stricter rules, training, evaluation, and handling of drug sniffing dogs.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does being in a car that has been pulled over for a traffic violation automatically give the police the right to question everyone inside the vehicle or just the driver? Are "rights" different for passengers over drivers? Genuinely don't know how that works.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

The courts have really failed us and given way too much deference to drug sniffing dogs. There was a drug sniffing dog in Washington state that found signaled drugs every time they were used. Of course most times it signaled drugs, no illicit drugs were found. Lots of similar studies out there that show some dogs are no better than a coin flip.

It is why they are called by some cops “probable cause on four paws”, because they can be used to generate probable cause for a search.

There really need to by much stricter rules, training, evaluation, and handling of drug sniffing dogs.

My son had his car searched at school recently and I had this conversation with administration. I mean, since he's at school and in a school parking lot, his rights are pretty fucked over in the first place, but a car had some weed in it. But the drug dog hit positive on an entire row of about 15 cars and they searched them all and found the weed in one (not my son's). But I told the admin how shitty the dog was since he was wrong 11/12 of the times on these car, doesn't sound reasonable to me.

~Brad
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [bradword] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bradword wrote:
chaparral wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:

My son had his car searched at school recently and I had this conversation with administration. I mean, since he's at school and in a school parking lot, his rights are pretty fucked over in the first place, but a car had some weed in it. But the drug dog hit positive on an entire row of about 15 cars and they searched them all and found the weed in one (not my son's). But I told the admin how shitty the dog was since he was wrong 11/12 of the times on these car, doesn't sound reasonable to me.

How's this for fucked up. At my son's high school they do this "scared straight" stunt where they fake finding drugs in a kid's locker and pull them out of class and fake arrest them. The kid has no idea it's fake, until afterwards, all to show the kids what it would be like to be arrested for bringing drugs to school. I have no idea how it's legal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:

Shocker.

We pay taxes to these morons too.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri2gohard wrote:

watched the start of the video - the bus driver was pulled over for driving in the left lane and trucks are not allowed to drive in the left lane - driver counters that he was passing

googled Georgia law - this lawyer website comes up

Georgia Law: Semi-Trucks in the Left Lane - Clark, Smith & Sizemore LLC (clarksmithsizemore.com)

yes trucks can't use the left lane BUT are allowed to use it to pass (the reason the driver gave)

the law doesn't apply to busses or motorcoaches

the actual law - which clearly states
"the term "truck" means any vehicle equipped with more than six wheels, except buses and motorcoaches."

§ 40-6-52 - Trucks using multilane highways :: 2010 Georgia Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

WTF - there was no reason to pull him over in the first place
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So either a) the police don’t know the law, or b) they knowingly abused their authority.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So either a) the police don’t know the law, or b) they knowingly abused their authority
---
I don't think this is an 'either/ or' situation.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
So either a) the police don’t know the law, or b) they knowingly abused their authority
---
I don't think this is an 'either/ or' situation.

I have a co-worker who sits right next to me, her husband is a local cop. She will defend anything the cops do. I continually point out, if a cop knows there is a "bad apple" and does nothing about it then it is not just 1 bad apple. It is their job to uphold the law, for everyone.

She doesn't seem to understand the concept.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: So the police lied again [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
Tri2gohard wrote:

watched the start of the video - the bus driver was pulled over for driving in the left lane and trucks are not allowed to drive in the left lane - driver counters that he was passing

googled Georgia law - this lawyer website comes up

Georgia Law: Semi-Trucks in the Left Lane - Clark, Smith & Sizemore LLC (clarksmithsizemore.com)

yes trucks can't use the left lane BUT are allowed to use it to pass (the reason the driver gave)

the law doesn't apply to busses or motorcoaches

the actual law - which clearly states
"the term "truck" means any vehicle equipped with more than six wheels, except buses and motorcoaches."

§ 40-6-52 - Trucks using multilane highways :: 2010 Georgia Code :: US Codes and Statutes :: US Law :: Justia

WTF - there was no reason to pull him over in the first place

The thing is that a truck driver could get a ticket for that, even if they were not aware that it was illegal. This is true for many laws, that ignorance of the law is no excuse.

But we have many parts of the system where law enforcement professionals are allowed to claim ignorance of the laws and are not punished for it. It is just so crazy that we expect random people to know the laws, but so called law enforcement professionals are not held to the same standard. Between random people and professionals, shouldn’t professionals be held to the higher standard here? Especially when those professionals are given so extraordinary powers.

It is just completely backwards.
Quote Reply