Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

“Silent” mobilization
Quote | Reply
Or conscription, that’s apparently what’s happening as opposed to a draft or outward/legal conscription:

https://twitter.com/...hiwxn-61WGZmdPk4aI3Q

…keeping in mind the obvious pitfalls of posting Twitter links as verifiable news.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: “Silent” mobilization [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Or conscription, that’s apparently what’s happening as opposed to a draft or outward/legal conscription:

https://twitter.com/...hiwxn-61WGZmdPk4aI3Q

…keeping in mind the obvious pitfalls of posting Twitter links as verifiable news.

Maurice

Volodymyr Zolkin's Youtube channel has a lot interviews with Russians POWs. Jesus what a sad state of affairs, maybe there is selection bias as to who agrees to do the interviews but it seems like the typical Russian soldier is just a guy who joined the military because he had no better options in life or was conscripted. The picture they paint of the Russian military is one of an absolute mess of corruption and incompetence.

I can't imagine calling up this next lot is going to improve much.
Quote Reply
Re: “Silent” mobilization [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a link to that channel?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: “Silent” mobilization [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
Can you post a link to that channel?

This one is with a police officer who was sent in at the beginning when the Russians got it completely wrong.

It looks like they did a lot of these and published them in Ukrainian but are going back now and putting in English subtitles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Holy shit. Gotta save this until later or I'll not get any work done today.
Quote Reply
Re: “Silent” mobilization [southpaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
southpaw wrote:

General format is he asks the about how they got in Ukraine, did they know what was happening, how they captured, then they call a loved one and talk, the journalist tries to get the person in Russia to give their view on what is going on in Ukraine.

There's one where a guy calls his girlfriend only to find out some other guy from his platoon who made it back is there with her. Messed up stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:

There's one where a guy calls his girlfriend only to find out some other guy from his platoon who made it back is there with her.

Fucking Dzhodi.

(Russian for Jodie, apparently)
Quote Reply
Re: “Silent” mobilization [southpaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
southpaw wrote:

This guy gives some perspective on who ends up in the Russian military.
Quote Reply