Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rest well David Milgaard
Quote | Reply
He spent 23 years in prison for a murder he didn’t commit.

If you don’t know his story I encourage you to read up on it.

Police decided he was the guy and that was that.

Released in 1992 and he never held a grudge, just wanted to move on with life and try to help others who may be in his situation.

Rest well David.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will remember the dignity and will of his mother, who tirelessly fought for his release. He could never get those years back, which is a tragedy and a shame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
He spent 23 years in prison for a murder he didn’t commit.

If you don’t know his story I encourage you to read up on it.

Police decided he was the guy and that was that.

Released in 1992 and he never held a grudge, just wanted to move on with life and try to help others who may be in his situation.

Rest well David.

Sad story

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Milgaard

Three of his friends rolled over for the police and helped him get convicted. With friends like that who need enemies? Add in the corrupt police what a tragedy.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [spockman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, Canada does not have a monopoly on such sad insanity. The film, 'After Innocence' documents case after case of nearly identical US bureaucratic and police indifference to countless innocent and wrongfully imprisoned people. This film is easily one of the most moving flicks l have ever seen. Trailer:

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
An friend from school is a lawyer for the Innocence Project. The stories I've heard are ridiculous.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
An friend from school is a lawyer for the Innocence Project. The stories I've heard are ridiculous.

Yeah ... maybe more like tragic beyond human comprehension.

The people who work for the Innocence Project are basically like superheroes.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:

What amazes me are the stories about the people like David Milgaard who get out and seem to just want to put the whole situation behind them instead of going burnt earth on everything. I guess they're just tired and want to start living again.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wrongful convictions are pretty much the only reason I'm against the death penalty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Similar theme about fixing wrongful convictions, and the years and years to do it.

NYT has this write up about a group in Sing Sing prison, but feel an obligation to pay it forward and not leave others behind...

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/07/nyregion/sing-sing-prison-exoneration.html?smid=url-share

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
TheRef65 wrote:

What amazes me are the stories about the people like David Milgaard who get out and seem to just want to put the whole situation behind them instead of going burnt earth on everything. I guess they're just tired and want to start living again.

I would think that you gain a pretty good appreciation for how fleeting life can be and you've been given a chance to live again.

I don't think I'd waste it on burning everything to the ground either.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Rest well David Milgaard [40-Tude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40-Tude wrote:
Similar theme about fixing wrongful convictions, and the years and years to do it.

It's bananas at times. Like in some cases the original prosecution will flip sides and fully admit they got it wrong. Which is not easy to do, but it happens. And it can still take years after that point.
Quote Reply