Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another white dude with a gun [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're not attempting any version of an honest conversation.

Your whiny ass toe will be fine. Suck it up princess.
Last edited by: 307trout: May 17, 22 9:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
I'm betting that those responsible for Ukraine's resistance would love to have had American levels of firearm ownership, training, and knowledge.

No doubt, what's that got to do with adults playing army when there's no point to it?

It's fun.

What's the point of any hobby?

Some hobbies develop potentially useful skillsets or capacities.

Well yeah if it's just for shits and giggles than have at it. Like I said, I'd just feel like a tool doing it for the reasons stated.

Except the skillsets and capacities (assuming these are actually be developed) aren't actually useful for any legitimate situation (e.g. similar to Ukraine) because there's just no chance in the foreseeable future the US is going to be invaded.

I wouldn't consider getting ready for the coming race war or to overthrow the government legitimate reasons, which seems like what a lot of these groups are about.

I dont think anybody is forcing you to participate.

Except we all get to participate when they try to overthrow the government, shoot up innocent people, take over federal property for months at a time, ...

What about when they take over a neighborhood and local police station? Does that count as well?

What about when they take over downtown areas and basically don't allow business to continue for weeks on end like the occupy protests?

What about just making downtown and city areas unsafe and overrun with homelessness, crime and theft? That's o.k.?
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [velocomp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
I'm betting that those responsible for Ukraine's resistance would love to have had American levels of firearm ownership, training, and knowledge.

No doubt, what's that got to do with adults playing army when there's no point to it?

It's fun.

Well yeah if it's just for shits and giggles than have at it. Like I said, I'd just feel like a tool doing it for the reasons stated.

Except the skillsets and capacities (assuming these are actually be developed) aren't actually useful for any legitimate situation (e.g. similar to Ukraine) because there's just no chance in the foreseeable future the US is going to be invaded.

I wouldn't consider getting ready for the coming race war or to overthrow the government legitimate reasons, which seems like what a lot of these groups are about.

Except we all get to participate when they try to overthrow the government, shoot up innocent people, take over federal property for months at a time, ...

What about when they take over a neighborhood and local police station? Does that count as well?

What about when they take over downtown areas and basically don't allow business to continue for weeks on end like the occupy protests?

What about just making downtown and city areas unsafe and overrun with homelessness, crime and theft? That's o.k.?

Are those militias?

I thought they were largely a right wing thing. Although we did have some black militia get into a bunch of trouble here in Maine. I can't remember the details. Up here for training, got pulled over, didn't recognize the government or something, so didn't have proper ID and such?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Those were bad. And should have been stopped more aggressively before they got anywhere near that far.

What do they have to do with Buffalo?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Are those militias?

I thought they were largely a right wing thing. Although we did have some black militia get into a bunch of trouble here in Maine. I can't remember the details. Up here for training, got pulled over, didn't recognize the government or something, so didn't have proper ID and such?

More of a mob I'd say, less organized, but the effects are likely similar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Those were bad. And should have been stopped more aggressively before they got anywhere near that far.

about as much as 90% of the rest of this thread has to do with Buffalo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Are those militias?

That is a good question. I'm sure someone could provide a definition, and some might interpret them differently. I could easily classify Some elements of BLM and maybe even some Antifa groups as militia like. The Occupy Wallstreet people were not a militia in any sense of the word. With that being said, I would say that the impact they had and the illegality of what they did was on par with anything that has been done by the militia groups in the instances mentioned in this thread. The Seattle Autonomous Zone movement, burned buildings, took over neighborhood, took over the police station, and resulted in at least one shooting death. Oh and they were patrolling with scary assault weapons. Sounds like a militia to me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

I'm just trying to make the connection between 1/6, Militias, people playing army, why would they do that? What are they afraid of? And I came up with reaction to similar types of things on the other side. What does this have to do with Buffalo? Probably nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
velocomp wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Are those militias?

That is a good question. I'm sure someone could provide a definition, and some might interpret them differently. I could easily classify Some elements of BLM and maybe even some Antifa groups as militia like. The Occupy Wallstreet people were not a militia in any sense of the word. With that being said, I would say that the impact they had and the illegality of what they did was on par with anything that has been done by the militia groups in the instances mentioned in this thread. The Seattle Autonomous Zone movement, burned buildings, took over neighborhood, took over the police station, and resulted in at least one shooting death. Oh and they were patrolling with scary assault weapons. Sounds like a militia to me.

Well in the context of militia here, I'd say the defining characteristics are you get together on the weekends to go camping and play army :)
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

I imagine when questioned furries say the same thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
velocomp wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
velocomp wrote:
j p o wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

Are those militias?

Well in the context of militia here, I'd say the defining characteristics are you get together on the weekends to go camping and play army :)

You could also argue that many gangs would qualify as militias. They also often even have the hierarchical structure of military leadership.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

They're at least getting laid, or so I've heard.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [Cavechild] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cavechild wrote:
Democrats? WTF are you babbling about?

Hmm Conspiracy Theories. Should we start with the 2016 election and move on to the 2018 election. The current minister of propaganda for the Democrats still claims this. Ironically this is on the day the democratic congress is holding hearings on UFO's. Maybe they will determine if Buzz Lightyear is carbon neutral or what categories HumanX get to compete in.

Wow a made up chart proving your point.
You convinced me.

Your post makes no sense. What terrorist attacks were motived by the 2016 election or 2018 election? What in the world are you talking about?

The chart I posted is based on ADL's Report. You can read it here. Very detailed but based on your posts you are allergic to facts so I doubt you will read it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThisIsIt wrote:
chriskal wrote:
307trout wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
307trout wrote:

It's fun.

They're at least getting laid, or so I've heard.

I’m pretty sure the militias still practice “don’t ask, don’t tell.”
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [Nutella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a related question, for anyone who has any insight.

I've never watched Tucker Carlson, beyond enjoying Jon Stewart helping him to look ridiculous years ago, so my information on him, his tribe and his "philosophy" is scant and second hand.

Beyond grievance, division and finding scapegoats, does he have any coherent and consistent political view at all?

He has come under criticism for 2 major (and several minor) reasons in recent weeks:

1. Implicitly, even explicitly, supporting Russia's efforts to "rid Ukraine of Nazis". Russians good. Ukrainians/Nazis bad.

2. Promoting the conspiracy "Great Replacement Theory", which is at least a century old* but is most infamously a core Nazi propaganda theory.

Is this a case of the fascists getting some things right (making the trains run on time, warning about the great replacement) but some other things wrong? Or is he just all over the shop? Can't he just pick a despicable side and stay with it??

*“The Rising Tide of Colour against White World-Supremacy” by Lothrop Stoddard was written in 1924 and greatly admired by Hitler.
The ADL was set up in 1913, in response to the rise of racist conspiracy theories at that time.
All this shit has been going on for well over 100 years, but conspiracy theories are zombies, they never die, they just get reinvigorated and recycled by new generations of whackos.

Economist magazine noted this week how F Scott Fitzgerald parodied the Tucker Carlsons of his day 100 years ago in The Great Gatsby:

“Civilization’s going to pieces,” broke out Tom violently. “I’ve
gotten to be a terrible pessimist about things. Have you read
‘The Rise of the Colored Empires’ by this man Goddard?”
“Why, no,” I answered, rather surprised by his tone.
“Well, it’s a fine book, and everybody ought to read it. The
idea is if we don’t look out the white race will be — will be ut-
terly submerged. It’s all scientific stuff; it’s been proved.”
“Tom’s getting very profound,” said Daisy, with an expres-
sion of unthoughtful sadness. “He reads deep books with long
words in them. What was that word we ——”
“Well, these books are all scientific,” insisted Tom, glancing
at her impatiently. “This fellow has worked out the whole
thing. It’s up to us, who are the dominant race, to watch out or
these other races will have control of things.”

Imagine what Fitzgerald would have thought of Fox News, and of the US' lack of progress against stupidity.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [Bone Idol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone Idol wrote:

Beyond grievance, division and finding scapegoats, does he have any coherent and consistent political view at all?

I've never seen him, pretty much all I know about him is what is posted here. My guess would be similar to Trump he has no consistent political view, it's all about ratings. He's found a schtick that works and he's running with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [307trout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
307trout wrote:

You are funny. You are talking like firing a gun is some kind of rocket science. It is not, it is about as difficult as using a stapler. Sure, practice helps in stapling papers precisely, but the number of unadulterated idiots out there who can fire guns is just ginormous.

Now having folks that know how to fire mortars, use artillery, launch missiles, drive a tank, operate lethal drones, fly jet fighters, fly helicopters, etc, that is much more valuable to warfighting. Some of those skills are actually challenging and take considerable time to acquire. Not so for using firearms.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 18, 22 6:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To your related question about I found this to be helpful in explaining Tucker Carlson. It is worth a listen and might help. take 45 minute of your time and have a listen.

https://www.npr.org/...lson-conquered-cable

anger and fear to keep them tuned in. Minute by minute analysis of viewership and knowing what keeps viewers tuned in and what causes them to tune out. local stories spun for a national audience with twisting so a grain of truth of a one young Roma boy peeing in one playground is now gypsies with poop all over the streets of the town.
Last edited by: gofigure: May 18, 22 5:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a good series on how Tucker Carlson used White Grievance to gain ratings

https://www.nytimes.com/...epublican-party.html
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [gofigure] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gofigure wrote:
To your related question about I found this to be helpful in explaining Tucker Carlson. It is worth a listen and might help. take 45 minute of your time and have a listen.

https://www.npr.org/...lson-conquered-cable

anger and fear to keep them tuned in. Minute by minute analysis of viewership and knowing what keeps viewers tuned in and what causes them to tune out. local stories spun for a national audience with twisting so a grain of truth of a one young Roma boy peeing in one playground is now gypsies with poop all over the streets of the town.

Fascinating show, thanks.

What is this term, 'legacy americans' ... ?

Crazytown.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nutella posted the link for the series that this man and his team at the NYT produced. The calmness in delivery really does help when the subject is so toxic.
Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So the only thing that we can all agree on is that no action will be taken and mass shootings will continue to occur in the US.

Quote Reply
Re: Another white dude with a gun [Ironnerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thought Chicago would feature on the list…
Quote Reply

Prev Next