Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Need help finding a smell [iBot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iBot wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Francois wrote:
This thread is very disappointing. It had the potential to be a new "Help me identify this song" started by freestyle, maybe 20 years ago or so.
I clicked because I thought you'd try to describe the smell.

Well, I can give some closure to you guys...

I had someone come today and he's sniffing around in the bathroom. Says, "It's definitely not a rat, it's close to a mouse smell but I don't think its a mouse either. Maybe a squirrel.... Oh.... it's a bird, that's definitely a dead bird smell."

This does make some sense since about 3 weeks ago I saw a bird in my garage. I left the garage door open so it could fly out. When I checked later I didn't see the bird. I assumed it flew out. What I think it did (and I have identified the spot in the garage where it could have) is made it's way into a hole and couldn't get out.

The bathroom is right above the garage.

Unfortunately for me, all I can really do is wait it out. He gave me a bag to hang in the bathroom that will absorb the smell.

That's talent right there.

Without a body, who can prove him wrong? BLeP's response sounds like one of those astrology readers making their experiences fit the narrative.
Quote Reply
Re: Need help finding a smell [southpaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
southpaw wrote:
I'm glad that I'm in a line of work that doesn't require me to be able to distinguish between smells of small dead animals.

Since April 21st, I've noticed a lot more skunks hanging around our neighborhood

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Need help finding a smell [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
iBot wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Francois wrote:
This thread is very disappointing. It had the potential to be a new "Help me identify this song" started by freestyle, maybe 20 years ago or so.

I had someone come today and he's sniffing around in the bathroom. Says, "It's definitely not a rat, it's close to a mouse smell but I don't think its a mouse either. Maybe a squirrel.... Oh.... it's a bird, that's definitely a dead bird smell."

This does make some sense since about 3 weeks ago I saw a bird in my garage. I left the garage door open so it could fly out. When I checked later I didn't see the bird. I assumed it flew out. What I think it did (and I have identified the spot in the garage where it could have) is made it's way into a hole and couldn't get out.

Unfortunately for me, all I can really do is wait it out. He gave me a bag to hang in the bathroom that will absorb the smell.

Without a body, who can prove him wrong? BLeP's response sounds like one of those astrology readers making their experiences fit the narrative.

Quite possibly but it makes sense. Either way, I am going to have to wait the smell out so I will choose to believe that he was right and it is dead bird and it was the one I saw in my garage.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Need help finding a smell [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
iBot wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Francois wrote:

Quite possibly but it makes sense. Either way, I am going to have to wait the smell out so I will choose to believe that he was right and it is dead bird and it was the one I saw in my garage.

It does appear to be the most likely outcome. Was just pointing out it may have been premature for others to proclaim ‘talent’.

In the meantime your bathroom may resemble the ‘sloth’ crime scene from seven.

Quote Reply
Re: Need help finding a smell [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
BLeP wrote:
mv2005 wrote:
iBot wrote:
BLeP wrote:
Francois wrote:

It does appear to be the most likely outcome. Was just pointing out it may have been premature for others to proclaim ‘talent’.

In the meantime your bathroom may resemble the ‘sloth’ crime scene from seven.

In its current state, it’s close.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply

Prev Next