Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Who's Familiar with Florence/Tuscany? [Matt_Stimpson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt_Stimpson wrote:
I've looked into it, and I have not fully ruled it out. However, our intention as of now is not to have rental car.

Matt
On our first trip to Europe, we used trains. Our grand plan was 3 days per city. Well, train travel consumed most of a day.
We rented a car the next time.

If you are spending several days per city, train won't be as big of a deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try to get to Lucca. Historic walled city (town) with lovely piazzas and walking the city walls is fun (4km). Spectacular architecture including an ancient aqueduct. Close to Pisa too.
Best option for the kids - ice cream…
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Florence is more or less a giant outdoor mall and museum, from a tourist standpoint. I'd try to find a soccer game to watch if that's an option while you're there. If you're not in to art, museums, history or high end shopping it can be kinda boring/repetitive. A few days there is plenty.

You might be able to find some gold/leather workshops or something that might be more hands on and interesting for kids. There are a lot of bike touring options in Tuscany in general if your kids are in to a day on bikes. Maybe check out Airbnb Experiences and see if there's anything more sporty/adventurous in the area to check out.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next