Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We had to have our fingerprints taken as part of our application to be domiciled in Europe. We had to sign a waiver that they can be used for anything the government sees fit!

Perks of being an immigrant I suppose.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Nope which is why I'm dealing with large notional amounts of money on a daily basis and have been for my whole career

Notional? You work for Hasbro in the Monopoly factory?
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:
Yup, most tfleeger listed most of the reasons, but I also got finger printed for mortgage applications.

WTF?
Yup. If was required in one of the states by the notary in order to sign all the docs

That’s right. When I refi-ed last summer, the guy took my thumbprint.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
windywave wrote:
torrey wrote:
Yup, most tfleeger listed most of the reasons, but I also got finger printed for mortgage applications.

WTF?
Yup. If was required in one of the states by the notary in order to sign all the docs

I forgot about notaries. I can’t remember where we had to give just a thumb print or do the full set, but we’ve had to do it when our signatures were notarized for home purchases.

There is also a quick check-in procedure at Sharp Healthcare that uses my thumb print.

I’ve never been terribly concerned about the government having my personal information because they identified me at birth and could have been tracking me ever since (if they have the time/ interest/ resources) with my social security number.

Government knows my birth location/ time/ date, fingerprints, height, weight, eye color, hair color, glasses or no, blood type, my parents’ names & their lineage, schools I’ve attended, my children’s names and their schools, my bank accounts & home ownership data, my employment history, taxes paid, car ownership history. I have no clue if facial recognition technology has captured my face while I’m going about my business— but the DMV did.

If they haven’t figured out my preferred clothing brands and interest in natto, it’s only because they haven’t really tried.

I read that a state used data from period tracking apps (without disclosing it to women) to identify information about their reproductive health. I have a period tracker on my phone— so I suppose I might be sharing that too.

Sharing information is useful for law enforcement and public health and safety so long as we trust the institutions. It’s our jobs as citizens to participate in government and make certain our institutions are in good working order. It’s like maintaining a house— recaulk the shower from time to time, for heavens’ sake.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finger prints; DNA swabs; retina scans. So many shots and inoculations. I've given up long ago

The govt is so far up my ass i'm counting on them to tell me if i've any polyps

* the only thing i can relate is that when i went back to Afghan after years absence---i went up to the door of this high security area and my shit still let me in. Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

on the plus side........? Well, i guess there is no plus side

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
on this note

I was setting up a recovery site up in far north of north Vietnam. We'd lost a A-6 crew that flew up this canyon and didn't make it out

it was a very involved process and at the end of the day---after a lot of tax payer money and risk to my teams--we didn't get diddly squat. The pilot and BM are still up there somewhere? :-(

At the start of the endeavor, i hired some hill tribesmen to cut me a landing spot on the top of a mountain up near the chinese border. I gave then a cord of rope and told them make it "this wide and flat." A month later we flew into the hilltop they'd cleared to start to process of establishing a recovery site

my first trip in the Mi-17 failed to start when it was time to leave! The engine went "whirrrrrr put put put put..." So the Viet Air Force guys clambered up on top of the Mi-17 and took out their leathermen multitools and went to work on the turbine engine. Once they were done they invited us to board the helo

i asked them "why don't you take it for a test flight first" and i was told "no we are leaving now--you can fly with us or walk down"

well--it was about a months walk down to civilization

so we boarded the helo. This guy that was with me from CILHI (Central Identification Laboratory Hawaii) said. "We need to put our thumbs in our asses so at least one finger print will survive the crash/fire." And we took off!

Dark Humor.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Statistically, no, noone in the world has or has ever had my exact fingerprints.

Current guesses puts the odds at 1:64 trillion, so if population growth stays constant from no until way past Dune, someone born by 1,094,204 AD will have my fingerprints
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The plus side is that after the OPM breach the Chinese government knows just as much about us as our own. If for some reason I lose it, they have the contact information of all my college roommates.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes

If i ever were to loose my TS paperwork my plan is simply to email the ChiCom Govt and ask for a copy of my data, so i can re-enter all that shit back into JPAS.

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s been awhile but these folks had/have; DOD, FBI, a couple of different states , TSA (TWIC).
I used to have a security clearance, now I’m off the radar.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:
Nope which is why I'm dealing with large notional amounts of money on a daily basis and have been for my whole career

Notional? You work for Hasbro in the Monopoly factory?

You may surprised to find out derivatives are not fully paid for.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Constantine wrote:
It’s been awhile but these folks had/have; DOD, FBI, a couple of different states , TSA (TWIC).
I used to have a security clearance, now I’m off the radar.

hahahaa!
/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Hawley wrote:

This guy that was with me from CILHI (Central Identification Laboratory Hawaii) said. "We need to put our thumbs in our asses so at least one finger print will survive the crash/fire." And we took off!

Dark Humor.

/r

My wife has her initials etched in ink on the inside face of one of her rear teeth. After finding/sorting/ID’ing human remains from burn/high temp disasters, she figured that was the best way to try to ensure her remains could be identified if she ever died in a plane crash or something.

At least she did them in UF Gator colors to show a little school spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:

Maybe it's the term of art in the industry, I don't know. But as a debt owner, I'd be hesitant to call the balance of unpaid debt "notional."
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
windywave wrote:

Maybe it's the term of art in the industry, I don't know. But as a debt owner, I'd be hesitant to call the balance of unpaid debt "notional."

The obligation to make settlement is not created until the option or future expires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the us government have mine from when i became a citizen. i can't remember if we had to provide them for the Green Card application a few years earlier - but i would be surprised if they weren't needed.

Anyone here aware of the investigation into the murder of June Anne Devaney in Blackburn, UK in 1948. The police caught the killer of a 3 year old girl by taking the fingerprints of every man over the age of 16 who had been in Blackburn in a 2 day time window. 40,000 sets of prints were taken and compared with prints on a bottle from the scene. Obviously a much less mobile population in 1948 and the net would need to be much wider today. Interesting how readily most people cooperated.....although not doing so would have made the police interested in where you were that night.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As a basketball official in PA, we are required to get fingerprinted and background checks.

ETA: Also when I was 19 and arrested for disorderly intoxication at the Tampa airport. Oh to be young and stupid again.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Last edited by: TheRef65: May 16, 22 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: Does Anyone in the World have your Fingerprints? [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work requires it and first got fingerprinted in the late 1980s and several times since. Coached high school track and XC for five years and it was also a requirement for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh man, I haven't read the thread, but have a great story. At my last job they almost fired an intern because his background check did not come back very clean (pedo). It turns out, someone with the same name, birthday and last 4 ssn as him is a pedo. The intern pled his case, employer had to run a proper background check with full SSN and cleared the kid. There were some awkward moments in HR that day.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
US Gov since I have a security clearance...

The gov't knows so much about me, I really don't care anymore. I have no privacy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick update: got fingerprinted yesterday, just a little disappointed they didn't stick my fingers in ink and roll them across a page. They told me after the electronic scan, they search the RCMP database and when they come back clean, they delete my prints (Yah right).

Anyway happy to report I wasn't on their naughty list and not taken into custody.

@Kid
Quote Reply

Prev Next