Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Twitter fires back.

trump and Musk are having a slap fight. trump is super mad that Musk won't being buying twitter and letting him back on.

That might have been only a part of their tiff.

Quote:
“It’s time for Trump to hang up his hat and sail into the sunset,” wrote Musk.

https://fortune.com/...at-sail-into-sunset/

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Twitter fires back.

trump and Musk are having a slap fight. trump is super mad that Musk won't being buying twitter and letting him back on.

That might have been only a part of their tiff.

Quote:
“It’s time for Trump to hang up his hat and sail into the sunset,” wrote Musk.

https://fortune.com/...at-sail-into-sunset/

I’m surprised that the sheer amount of raw douchebag in that room didn’t cause the windows behind them to explode.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Twitter fires back.

https://www.documentcloud.org/...twittermuskcomplaint

The people guaranteed to make money in this are the lawyers.

I’ve worked with Wachtell’s transaction teams a few times and have never not been blown away by the caliber of lawyers there. I’d like a litigator to weigh in though and opine on whether that’s as strong a complaint as it reads. Because it reads like an absolute head shot.

Really good read on Twitter’s head shot

https://abovethelaw.com/...rter-than-elon-musk/
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [Bretom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bretom wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Twitter fires back.

https://www.documentcloud.org/...twittermuskcomplaint

The people guaranteed to make money in this are the lawyers.

I’ve worked with Wachtell’s transaction teams a few times and have never not been blown away by the caliber of lawyers there. I’d like a litigator to weigh in though and opine on whether that’s as strong a complaint as it reads. Because it reads like an absolute head shot.

Here is a good step by step break down of Musk's claims..

https://www.theatlantic.com/...wsuit-claims/670515/

And it wraps up with what could be the true killer shot.. I don't think he will be able to the trump thing and ignore / walk away from the courts... Delaware has him by the nuts.

Delaware lives and dies by corporate law. If Delaware is unable to enforce an order, Delaware goes out of business. So enforcing an order is of the highest priority for a Delaware court. Delaware has a sequestration statute that permits a judge in the Chancery Court to order the seizure of a party’s assets in order to secure their appearance in court. Tesla is incorporated in Delaware. So, in theory a court could seize Tesla shares in order to compel Musk. A Delaware court will not be pushed around by Elon Musk.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
Other billionaires are giving away their fortunes to charitable organizations.

Elon wants to give his away to lawyers.

Each to their own I suppose.

It's either that or give it away to a social media platform that is doomed to eventually fail.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
spudone wrote:

It's either that or give it away to a social media platform that is doomed to eventually fail.

Aren't all business's doomed to fail? Which then raises the interesting question, what is the longest established, never gone bankrupt or bought up by another company, business? I have no clue. hmm sounds like a new thread.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
spudone wrote:

Aren't all business's doomed to fail? Which then raises the interesting question, what is the longest established, never gone bankrupt or bought up by another company, business? I have no clue. hmm sounds like a new thread.

I think that the key is to keep with the times. Facebook (don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan) saw this and bought Instagram. That bought it another couple of decades of relevancy. If it wants to continue past that, it needs to evolve again. Twitter? It tried. Remember Periscope?

Other companies like IBM for example (founded in 1911) have done a good job of evolving with changing times. That evolution is more necessary in the tech space than, say, my favourite beer: Weihenstphaner which was founded in 1040.

Twitter needs to acquire a company to inject it with fresh ideas and opportunities but I don't see it happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [FishyJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shareholders approved the sale: https://www.cnbc.com/...buy-the-company.html
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:

I’m surprised that the sheer amount of raw douchebag in that room didn’t cause the windows behind them to explode.

I should just change my browser homepage to something else than a news aggregator. It just gives a slow moving trainwreck that I did not purposely looked for but know...

1. Grimes reads Communist Manifesto.
2. Elon becomes more republican.
3. Grimes started to date Chelsea Manning.
4. Elon buys twitter.
5. News of Elon having more children.
6. Elon's trans-child renounces relationship with father.
7. Elon goes meme lord on 4-d chess about twitter on twitter.
8. Tesla under investigation for false advertising for self driving vehicle marketing.

On the next side is a burglar complaining to the court the money he robbed from the bank is really a money storage issue and it's really his(trump and mara-toilet). I sometimes wonder if I am crazy.
Last edited by: BreadPudding: Sep 13, 22 14:44
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [BreadPudding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not to be outdoped

Kanye is trying to buy Parler
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Not to be outdoped

This even made the Nashville Business Journal this morning. From the article:

Earlier this month, Instagram and Twitter imposed restrictions on West following antisemitic posts from the rapper.

“This deal will change the world, and change the way the world thinks about free speech,” said George Farmer, CEO of Parlement Technologies. “Ye is making a groundbreaking move into the free speech media space and will never have to fear being removed from social media again. Once again, Ye proves that he is one step ahead of the legacy media narrative. Parlement will be honored to help him achieve his goals.”

Parler was founded in 2018 as a conservative alternative to Twitter. The company announced in October 2021 that it was moving its headquarters to Nashville from Nevada.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Not to be outdoped

Earlier this month, Instagram and Twitter imposed restrictions on West following antisemitic posts from the rapper.

“This deal will change the world, and change the way the world thinks about free speech,” said George Farmer, CEO of Parlement Technologies. “Ye is making a groundbreaking move into the free speech media space and will never have to fear being removed from social media again. Once again, Ye proves that he is one step ahead of the legacy media narrative. Parlement will be honored to help him achieve his goals.”

Parler was founded in 2018 as a conservative alternative to Twitter. The company announced in October 2021 that it was moving its headquarters to Nashville from Nevada.

George Farmer is married to Candace Owens - Kanye and Candace have been hanging out lately. Is Candace manipulating Kanye to bail out her husband's investment?
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [ChiTownJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiTownJack wrote:
ironclm wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Not to be outdoped

George Farmer is married to Candace Owens - Kanye and Candace have been hanging out lately. Is Candace manipulating Kanye to bail out her husband's investment?

I wouldn't put it past her (and him).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
ChiTownJack wrote:
ironclm wrote:
WannaB wrote:
Not to be outdoped

I wouldn't put it past her (and him).

Doubtful. Supposedly Parler/Parlement just got $16ish million in funding a couple of months ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Elon Musk buys Twitter [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
Not to be outdoped

So he ran for president, had a melt down. Just last month, left his business relationship with GAP, and currently have no business partners or signed to a music label as of yesterday, and now bought Parler.

I like being boring. I think I prefer it this way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next