Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids?
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

This is kind of a ridiculous question, but can anyone recommend a good swim bag?

For context: I swim at two different local pools and sometimes OW, so getting a locker is out. But I feel like 3/4 of my swim workout is taken up by digging down to the bottom of my Mary Poppins bag to find goggles, dealing with nested bags of clothes/shoes/undergarments, trying to use my sopping wet towels to wrap up my sopping wet paddles/fins/buoy, and basically turning any space within a 7-ft parameter of my swim bag into what looks like a controlled explosion of damp, chlorinated crap.

I've tried variations on the netted gear bags made by Speedo and Tyr, but because I often swim on the college campus where I work, I'd rather not be dragging what looks like dripping fishing gear behind me across campus. Right now I'm using an old beach bag, but I have to stuff it with the aforementioned nested bags to keep my clothes dry on the pool deck; it's also so overstuffed that I've had colleagues express concern that I was going to either hurt myself or fall over. They're probably not wrong.

TL:DR: I'd love to find a bag (backpack or duffle-like) that keeps wet and dry separate, has compartments for both big and small gear, space for my minimal [but necessary] post-pool toiletries, and doesn't look like those giant, candy-colored bags that little kids take to their swim lessons.

Any suggestions? (Commiseration is welcome, too!) Thanks in advance and, as Dory says, keep on swimming!

Slow and steady doesn't actually win any races, but it's the only speed I've got.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids? [fyrberd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use one that looks similar to this : https://www.arenasport.com/...k-core-backpack.html it’s a more “normal” sized backpack. Has a compartment on the bottom for wet stuff.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids? [fyrberd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply