Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How are you and how was your week? September 13 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you? How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? September 13 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm doing okay. I saw the doctor last Tuesday and my fracture is healed, so I have started running a bit. My calves are really sore. I exercised 5 days last week and took 2 days off. The 5 days included
4 swims
2 rides
2 bikes
1 lifting session

UPDATE - current health scare is something going on with thyroid hormones, but the endocrinologist wasn't as worried as my primary care doctor, and we're doing a third round of bloodwork next week once I'm off some meds for a week or so. Please keep your fingers crossed that that makes the levels more normal than the current "low normal".

Anyway, I have NOT been using healthy coping skills, so the main goal this week is to get back on that.

UK2ME, how was pumpkinman weekend?

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Sep 14, 21 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? September 13 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Dr. TC! I am pleased to hear about the fracture healing, and bummed about the bloodwork. As the owner of an immune system that hates me and my thyroid, I feel you. The good news is that thyroid issues are very treatable and if that's an issue, getting it under control in good time will certainly minimize any effects from it. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, and be gentle with yourself getting back to full exercise!

I had a great week last week - I missed one trainer ride because I had some serious fatigue from two early mornings of running and a fibromyalgia flare, but getting in those two runs was an achievement in and of itself. Pumpkinman weekend was fantastic! I was second to last in my division for the tri, but considering I was following the "roll out of bed and race" model of training, I met my expected arbitrary benchmarks. That gives me hope that once I actually train again, I can make solid improvements. I ran the 5K with a friend who was kind enough to slow down and stick with me, and that was a blast. Again, not fast, but... felt better than anticipated. I am so glad that I signed up and raced; I really missed the atmosphere and environment.

I'm struggling a bit more this week; I was supposed to run this morning, but a terrible night of sleep put paid to that. Maybe I'll get out of my own way and do it after work. Plan is:
Tues - 30min run
Wed - 45 min bike
Thu - 3 mile run
Fri - rest day!!
Sat - 1 hr bike, 4 mile run
Sun - 4 mile run

Also, need to stop eating chocolate like it's going out of style :oP
Quote Reply
Re: How are you and how was your week? September 13 Edition [UK2ME] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you had a fun Pumpkin!

Quote Reply