Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Built some Vision TFE Pro Custom Adapters for my Felt IA & fit question [TheWhiteCarrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a 10 degree wedge before mounting the large FSAs would go a long way to fixing things.

E

TheWhiteCarrot wrote:
I’ve expressed this concern on another thread. They need more measurements on their website.

Viper966 wrote:
Yes, i agree, FSA/Vision's product manager basically told me that fit advice was for UCI compliant riders.. and the bars were not originally intended for Triatletes.. that being said.. their lack of documentation etc on their site really makes it hard to figure things out. They were helpful via email however, but their site definetly lacks proper documentation for a lot of the products they sell

ericMPro wrote:
Viper966 wrote:
They sell a medium and a long version

This is what i followed to order myself a Small, based off this.

Since i have ~ 40mm.. do you think i should order the medium or small?

goes in 20mm increments up

I don't know why they put the requirement for space at the elbow joint.

This is the correct take re: the elbow. Based on this diagram they're giving bad advice, especially to triathletes.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Built some Vision TFE Pro Custom Adapters for my Felt IA & fit question [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
Ended up ordering the large extensions, and they fit perfectly now for my intentions.

I also ended up fabbing up some beauty covers from CF reinforced nylon on the 3d printer to route the DI2 cables clean, and clean up the look. i had to raise this up a bit from the original fit, so i have one felt 5mm fit spacer on the basebar, and then the 5mm tall bridge across to stiffen things up, and originally I had my Garmin mounted there for short course. Currently printing a BTA bracket and computer mount before IMFL to allow me to put the computer out between the bar ends, and mount my Xlab torpedo nice and clean

What if you flipped the base mount around to the forward orientation?

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Built some Vision TFE Pro Custom Adapters for my Felt IA & fit question [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not sure what you mean? the felt basebar? or the vision mounts?

the vision mounts can be flipped to point the base to the inside or outside, and can be mounted into both the inner and outer holds on the felt basebar, so there is an incredible amount of width adjustment available

from mounting the extensions forward to rear, the top of thr vision mounts have a grid of holes to mount them to, which probably gives about 30-40mm of reach adjustment in their mounting positions
Quote Reply
Re: Built some Vision TFE Pro Custom Adapters for my Felt IA & fit question [KKG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KKG wrote:
Viper966 wrote:
which pd bar?

it's a current model Parlee TTiR. but I think it's the same as aeria .. because I am using the Evo bracket.

Hi. Sorry to revive an old thread. I'm looking to adapt a TFE pro to my wifes QR PRSix2 which has the Aeria basebar. By chance, did you ever come up with a solution that would adapt? I know the PD uses 5mm bolts and the TFE uses 6mm... maybe I can just drill out the 5 into 6 and use the TFE bolts? but then I need to figure a way to adapt the TFE risers to the PD tilt interface? I'm thinking of just ordering to see what I can do. I'd like to avoid ordering a new base bar.

Thanks for any help
Quote Reply

Prev Next