Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sprint Tri in the middle of Ironman Build
Quote | Reply
How do you guys incorporate sprint tris into your builds?

Now my weekends are 1.5 hour run and 2-3 bike on sundays

Do i skip one or move those key workouts mid week so I still get the volume?

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3
Quote Reply
Re: Sprint Tri in the middle of Ironman Build [surfNJmatt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if it's not too close to the event - just do the sprint and in the afternoon add a 2 hour ride, and run Sunday if a Saturday race - or if a Sunday race move the long run midweek and do the same ride after the race on race day.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Move one of your down weeks to the week of the sprint tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Typically, I do a 10K "cooldown" run after the sprint. I also look for Sprints that are on Saturday, so I can still do long/easy on Sunday and so that I didn't do a long/hard day right before the race.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would agree if you do "down weeks" in your plan you can pair that with the sprint. Otherwise a good option is to do race the sprint, afterwards put in a couple hours on the bike. Do the long run on a separate day, maybe midweek like you suggest.

I did two sprints a month before an IM and the only thing I would do different is race only one. It was good to get out and race a short hard effort but doing it twice took away some of the focus from my long IM specific sessions.
Last edited by: piratetri: May 17, 21 6:24
Quote Reply