Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training peak new prices?
Quote | Reply
Haven't seen this discuss on ST so just checking:

Has TP increased their price and removed more feature from their basic service? have been paying for their upgraded package for the last 3 years but it seems a bit sudden to remove all fitness tracking from their basic service and also increase their price in the same time

Tridad
Quote Reply
Re: Training peak new prices? [gillesgh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goldencheetah is better in every way EXCEPT for the training planning feature on TP.

Goldencheetah will have that feature ... sometime... it's never possible to predict when unfortunately.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I am not mistaken, trainingpeaks basic service is free. So, I don't think the price has gone up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope not. I already feel like I dont get my moneys worth with the current pricing.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope not, it's barely worth the money as is and, if the price goes up, I'll probably find another platform. I really only use it to track basic metrics and plan my workout weeks, so the cost is already way higher than I think it should be. On top of that, they rarely add new features that bring me any value and the problems that people have complained about for years (poor weight training and swim tracking specifically) go completely untouched.
Quote Reply
Re: Training peak new prices? [jhammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhammond wrote:
I hope not, it's barely worth the money as is and, if the price goes up, I'll probably find another platform. I really only use it to track basic metrics and plan my workout weeks, so the cost is already way higher than I think it should be. On top of that, they rarely add new features that bring me any value and the problems that people have complained about for years (poor weight training and swim tracking specifically) go completely untouched.

I've used it for 5+ years. It's always felt like the unwanted step-child. Rarely do you seen new features. I'm retiring from triathlons after this year, so it's my last year doing it. I don't need that level of software for gravel racing.

Quote | Reply
had a look at goldencheetah, thank you for pointing it out. Unfortunately, for me i am a creature of habit and I am just used to TP :(
Definitely I would like improvements to be done on TP, Strava also has analysis but it also lacks some features, as it is for any other tracker out there. None of them are perfect so I just have to decide how much it's worth for me to keep my imperfect software

Tridad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a look at intervals.icu. Free, can import from GC or Strava, useful. BUT...I think that the developer has been eating considerable costs and is asking for donations. So things may change in the future...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it because it’s la great mobile app for analyzing Rides

Complete waste of money for me. But then again, I also pay for xert and strava..........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gillesgh wrote:
Haven't seen this discuss on ST so just checking:

Has TP increased their price and removed more feature from their basic service? have been paying for their upgraded package for the last 3 years but it seems a bit sudden to remove all fitness tracking from their basic service and also increase their price in the same time

THIS may be an option. FastTrak. Looks like there are free trials & is like $3 per athlete for coaches up to a certain number or $39 per year if you're the athlete only. I clicked on COACH at the top & it opened up a bunch of overviews you can click on to expand--like PLANNER, or BILLING or whatever. Garmin Connect upload compatible. Not sure about other devices within their realm of product but it looks way less expensive than what I'm paying Training Peaks for (which is yes, becoming too big for its britches by charging what they do). I am just wondering how you'd possibly get another site to have all the data uploaded to theirs or if that is possible...?

Found this on the FastTrak Billing info...
  • 14 day free trial
  • Coach pricing is as follows:
    • No initial start-up fees.
    • $3/month per billable athlete.
    • $9/month minimum fee.
    • $29/month maximum fee (for up to 100 athletes).

Last edited by: Rocky M: May 18, 21 22:02
Quote Reply
Re: Training peak new prices? [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is cheaper then TP for sure.
Good point on putting all your workout/race history there. Maybe there is a way to do it through Garmin connect???

Tridad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was posted on the wattage group on the 13th

http://kominformatics.com

I haven't tried it but it looks interesting and it's free right now
Quote Reply