Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mask mandate lifted in US [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sad beaver thread is all you need to know about the state of Canada right now. Alberta has the worst ourbreak in all of North America and there are restrictions on travel between provinces.

If you want to cherry pick one US location to one Canadian location you can certainly find places in the US that sucked or still suck, and I agree that rules shouldn't be nationwide. Meanwhile, I live in Florida and my outdoor pool reopened the first week of May 2020. I was racing in Jun 2020. I'm as happy to be here as you are in wherever Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Mask mandate lifted in US [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
The sad beaver thread is all you need to know about the state of Canada right now. Alberta has the worst ourbreak in all of North America and there are restrictions on travel between provinces.

If you want to cherry pick one US location to one Canadian location you can certainly find places in the US that sucked or still suck, and I agree that rules shouldn't be nationwide. Meanwhile, I live in Florida and my outdoor pool reopened the first week of May 2020. I was racing in Jun 2020. I'm as happy to be here as you are in wherever Canada.

Florida is great for just visiting for a race or some rays, as long as you are in a full containment bubble (and safe with a mask).

I am just asking myself where all those resident crazies are going to end up when floorida drops into the ocean.
So far it has been a pretty good self-selecting containment area for all kinds of wackos.
Gonna be a loss for the locale allowing to be outside year round, but otherwise not so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Mask mandate lifted in US [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you think Florida is going to drop into the ocean? And you are still clinging to masks, (presumably outside and alone in your car). Thanks for your thoughtful contribution to this thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pink/
"But how will I signal my politics? I will leave my mask on, thank you very much."
/pink
Quote Reply
Re: Mask mandate lifted in US [Klaus Daimler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Klaus Daimler wrote:
pink/
"But how will I signal my politics? I will leave my mask on, thank you very much."
/pink

you'll want to publish posts like this in the lavender room. they'll find a hearty reception!

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: May 15, 21 12:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
So you think Florida is going to drop into the ocean? And you are still clinging to masks, (presumably outside and alone in your car). Thanks for your thoughtful contribution to this thread.

I wear my mask whenever I feel I need it. Always have.
You’re against me having that freedom?

I have been wearing a mask on crowded public transportation during flu outbreaks, on long flights, or periodically in extreme dry climates since years.
And not to forget during wildfires.

So many benefits (such as acting as a humidifier) that elude those who mainly eat finger food, consider air fresheners to be a cleaning product, and fake smilingly impose their freedom on others.

Little signs that the pandemic may have changed that.
Last edited by: windschatten: May 15, 21 19:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You proved my point. Thanks. Your experience does not speak for everybody's.

Florida is different then Seattle.
Vancouver in different then Toronto.

We cant label everything the same.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Mask mandate lifted in US [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathletetoth wrote:
You proved my point. Thanks. Your experience does not speak for everybody's.

Florida is different then Seattle.
Vancouver in different then Toronto.

We cant label everything the same.

"Then" is also different than "than".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
So you think Florida is going to drop into the ocean?

Not without a little help

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next